Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
I tried to find the thread that contained the info on which manufacturer's buffer tubes were compatible with the sopmod stock from LMT.  I need to order a collapsing stock now so I can shoot the gun, and will be swapping to the LMT at a later date.  Is RRA's stock good to go or do I need to look elsewhere for the right tube?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA is no go.

Colt, CMT, Stag and VLTOR tubes are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
vltor tubes will give the lmt stock a lil play get the lmt buffer tube
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i would have to say the opposite, my brand new sopmod is really tight and almost hard to adjust on the vltor buffer
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would have to say the opposite, my brand new sopmod is really tight and almost hard to adjust on the vltor buffer

I imagine there are inconsistencies, Im going for the cheapest unless I can get the LMT cheap.  MSTN, military discount?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#6]
"i would have to say the opposite, my brand new sopmod is really tight and almost hard to adjust on the vltor buffer"

Good.  Give it six months and it won't be tight anymore, the good news is then it won't be rattleing.  You don't really need to ajust them very often is the truth of the situation, so in my mind no big deal.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I ended up ordering a complete LMT kit and will anxiously await the wifes he-bitch man-slapping I deserve for spending $300+ on gun parts with her leftover financial aid money from school.  I ordered a CMT lower parts kit also, hence the price.  The LMT kit I ordered includes the heavy buffer, spring, tube, nut, plate, and stock; its all going on a Lauer marked LMT reciever.  Now for the upper...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:44:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well, I ended up ordering a complete LMT kit and will anxiously await the wifes he-bitch man-slapping I deserve for spending $300+ on gun parts with her leftover financial aid money from school.  I ordered a CMT lower parts kit also, hence the price.  The LMT kit I ordered includes the heavy buffer, spring, tube, nut, plate, and stock; its all going on a Lauer marked LMT reciever.  Now for the upper...

Great choice, nf.

while the LMT stock isn't cheap, it is a part that makes a big difference in the shooter's experience.

keep us posted on the build.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top