Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 5:25:34 AM EDT
What is the best light weight complete upper for the money?  I'm looking for an A2 or A4 16-20".  It's doesn’t have to be match.  Just want something light for range shooting.  Would like it to be a removable carry handle.  I'll be putting it on my RRA Elite CAR A4 until I can afford another lower.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster flattop with their LW barrel.  I love mine!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bushmaster flattop with their LW barrel.  I love mine!

Wanting to do the same thing.  Any downsides.  I've got a midlength gas 16" government profile but I want it lighter and better balanced.  The Bushmaster LW seems to be highly recommended.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i own three of bushmaster's lightweight bbls and love them!

another option is colt which is offered with the 1x7 twist if needed and jt distributing also offers a lw bbl.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the Bushy lightweights, and I really do like it a LOT.  My wife does as well.  I have a mid-length, and I am most fond of it, but the little Bushy is just so unrealistically handy!

I've decided to purchase another lightweight barrel and do a build specifically for my wife.  I talked to Bushmaster this morning, and I can order the Carbon15 stripped upper (the flat-top M4 that uses standard AR15 parts) and lower (ditto) which should put my rifle somewhere around the 5.5lb mark!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyboby have a contact for the best prices the Bushy lightweights besides jt distributing.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
GDS in the EE has Bushy lightweight barrels.

I went with a Colt 6520 upper group, then coverted to flat top with a CMT upper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for gds enterprise, i got most of mine from them. great people to deal with and great prices as well.

also believe holland gunworks offers bushmaster products
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Colt 6520 upper on a LCW?LMT lower that I think is The Heat.  Love it, light, quick good fun to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top