Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 6:31:54 PM EDT
When I get around to buying a FF tube I will probably remove the FSB on my Colt 20" HBAR (if any of that makes a difference).
If I do remove the FSB will I need a new gas block? Are those included with the FF tube?
Jim
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
You can reuse the same one... Just be careful when driving out the taper pins, they are designed to only come out in one direction...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
no, but you will need to get a set of vise blocks for the barrel, a couple of strong punches, a big hammer and a propane or MAPP gas torch. the torch is not requiered but just helps the pins come out easier but heating the FSB around the pins the metal expands and the pins get looser.

its not really all that bad to remove a FSB but it does take some determination and a little muscle. i think the big boys use a press or some kinda fancy deal. the rest of use the hammer and punch method.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top