Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:42:03 PM EDT
i am thinking of getting the two stage drop in match trigger..anyone familiar with these? any comments are appreciated
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
worth the money!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a single stage, curved one in my SPR rifle. I prefer the single stage for a "field" rifle but that is personal preference.

As far as the CMC unit goes. I am VERY happy with it. I did however have to send the first one back to CMC for replacement straight out of the package. It was "doubling" by firing a round on the trigger pull and again when the trigger was released.

I have heard of a few others having this problem but CMC was quick to send me a replacement and this one has worked without a problem.

The second thing I dislike is the anti-walk pins included with the trigger. I can see that they are necessary because the standard retention of USGI parts will not work in this drop in unit but the little c-clips on the end that hold the pins in place are just asking to be lost on a field rifle.

I instead opted for the KNS antiwalk pins from Global Tactical Supply (Denny's Guns).

Hope that info helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i am thinking of getting the two stage drop in match trigger..anyone familiar with these? any comments are appreciated

see this thread (archive server) and my pics on page 2:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=207316

see also (archive server again):
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231976

ar-jedi

for the non-paying slugs:

folks,
i recently purchased a CM trigger from wes at MSTN. i chose the single stage curved.

like many others have found, the supplied CM pins are a few thousandths proud of the nominal trigger pin hole size. i chose *not* to hammer the pins in and instead carefully shed a few thousandths off of the supplied pins using some fine emery cloth. i fitted the pins tight, they do not rotate but at the same time getting them in and out does not deform the receiver holes. hence, periodic disassembly for cleaning/inspection/etc is trivial.

to reiterate what was said above, the E-clips do not detract from this otherwise excellent trigger assembly. properly installed, they stand off about 0.010" from the receiver side and i can't really see how they could catch on anything. the clips are well retained in the pin groove by tension and need a pretty good push with the blunt end of a BIC pen to extract.

just my 0.02 on the matter.

ar-jedi

ps: as you can see from the pictures below, my lower is a bushy. the selector can *not* be returned to "safe" with the hammer forward. it will go about 1/2 way to around 10:30 but can not be rotated further. incidentally, this brings up another point... when i installed the trigger assy, i had to leave out the rearmost trigger pin to get the selector back into the lower; otherwise, the trigger assy "tail" (sorry, don't know the correct term) would interfere very slightly (few thousandths) with insertion of the selector barrel. leaving out the rear trigger pin allows the CM trigger assembly to temporarily sit just a tad lower; this is all it takes to get the selector barrel into the lower receiver.

ps
it found a home as part of the tan RECCE:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Check Cheaper than dirt for a great price.  I think around $125.00.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i have two and love them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:20:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Do they work in M-16's?  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do they work in M-16's?  Thanks!  

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I have one for sale.   It's the best trigger pull I've experienced in an Ar15 platform, but I don't like the way the hammer has to be cocked to re-pin a shotgunned lower.   Also I think if I remember correctly, you have to move the selector to fire to charge the weapon with it.

That's the reason I'm getting rid of mine.  It's just a pain in the ass to have to re-think the way I've handled the weapon for years.  

They would work in an M16- but you would need to modify the disconnector and hammer to get it to work in auto.  (IE weld the leg on the disconnect and the sear hook on the hamer.)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got one for Christmas from my wife. It's a very nice trigger pull. I haven't had it long enough to test the long term durability, but Wes at MSTN said he's fired tens of thousands of rounds with one and no failures.

I have the 2-stage curved trigger version, with KNS pins.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have one for sale.   It's the best trigger pull I've experienced in an Ar15 platform, but I don't like the way the hammer has to be cocked to re-pin a shotgunned lower.   Also I think if I remember correctly, you have to move the selector to fire to charge the weapon with it.
That's the reason I'm getting rid of mine.  It's just a pain in the ass to have to re-think the way I've handled the weapon for years.  

wtf?

i own a CMC single stage.
it's currently installed in a BM lower; see pics above.
it works exactly as the stock trigger does -- form/fit/function all the same.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's the reason I'm getting rid of mine.  It's just a pain in the ass to have to re-think the way I've handled the weapon for years.  quote]

Not completely sure what you are talking about, but both of my CMC triggers work like a dream after several thousand rounds. They both charge just fine with the safety on safe or on fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top