Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
About to look at a few collapsible stocks and believe I only saw one post out (without reply to the reference to facial hair)of 15 pages on the Choosing Best Collapsible Stock for you thread.

Currently bearded face for last 20 years and would  not like  to shave out  a pattern for good cheek weld.
Which of the stocks has least chance of snagging facial hair? Or is it just common sense that the smoothest but yet not the best stock  that will have to do?

Fire awayhairyreal good advice before payment, installation, return with request for refund due to facial hair getting snagged.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Lmt Sopmod smooth and comfortable bearded or not.  

Dustdevil out........
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
AVOID THE VLTOR!   Major ouchies if you have facial hair!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahahah, Wish I knew about that before I held my first carbine with the telescoping stock, it does hurt pretty bad.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the Vltor is the only one I've heard that comes with a built in beard trimmer snagger
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
magpul
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait for the new MagPul
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#7]
regular collapsible stocks have been beard friendly for me
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
For you, my long bearded friend, the ACE SOCOM Stock.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/images04/AR15/M4SOCOM-Open.jpg

Nicely padded for your beard's comfort.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#10]
The new magpul is just like a standard collapsible as far as cheekweld and beards go...

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the facial hair snag syndrome with just about all the collapsible stocks Ive used... COLT, Bushmaster, Model 1 Sales and RRA all snagged the same until I discovered the 'wrap rag around stock body, carefully squeeze in vise then heat with hair drier' trick... That trick not only eliminated plucking of my facial hair, it also eliminated all the buffer tube/stock body slop...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For you, my long bearded friend, the ACE SOCOM Stock.

www.aceltdusa.com/images04/AR15/M4SOCOM-Open.jpg

Nicely padded for your beard's comfort.

trade no beard snag for rob you of your money for a crap stock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Shoot NTCH and don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a beard that reminds people of Grizzly Adams (hence my online handle).  I have never had any problem with the Magpul M93.

The m93 does *not* move when you lock it in position.  The wiggling and wobbling of other stocks is what causes problems with beards.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

this is not true, I sell these and I have a beard I have tried and tried to get it to pull any of my facial hair, and so have many other people that I know. I have never met anyone that had it pull a hair on 'em, just something they heard.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The new magpul is just like a standard collapsible as far as cheekweld and beards go...

Have you tried one?  It has that friction lock widget that I would wager will eliminate the movement that grabs beards on other stocks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is not true, I sell these and I have a beard I have tried and tried to get it to pull any of my facial hair, and so have many other people that I know. I have never met anyone that had it pull a hair on 'em, just something they heard.

from time to time i will get a few hairs yanked, but i will admit the vltor is mounted on my .50 beowulf which recoils a bit more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 for VLTOR with tape, lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmm.  OK.  But I've personally experienced it....so while anecdotal, I'll grant you, it is factual.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#21]
 I use about an inch of 1.75" bike inner tube and overlap the end of the stock so that it just barely touches the buffer tube.  It keeps my beard where it belongs.  

Just pop the stock off and stretch it over the end.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Couple inches of OD duct tape to cover the hole in the stock.  If it gets too ratty just replace it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess so.  If it's the movement of the stock on the body that causes it and the magpul doesn't move then it should be solved.  I figured that any little gap there would be prone to having a rogue beard hair sneak in underneath and the recoil would be enough to snag it.  I'm thinking that if you were to move 1/16" of an inch more than your rifle does during recoil, that you'd feel it!

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:09:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ummmm.  OK.  But I've personally experienced it....so while anecdotal, I'll grant you, it is factual.

how, I've tried and tried and tried, and I can never do it, or the people I let try it, it doesn't on them either.  Don't get me wrong, if you said it did to you I believe you, but I don't know how u did it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top