Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 11:10:32 PM EDT
I have a DPMS 24" heavy barrel upper and a Colt 6520 upper that I need to finish.  Both are complete uppers and I would like a lower that will be compatible with both and serve for varmints, and possible moutain carry gun for Muley's this fall.  I have found this site and the prices seem good but I thought I'd get some feedback from the guys that do this all the time.  I'm looking at the lowers with the NM trigger and the ACE skeleton stock.  It wil have to work on the varmint rifle so a good bench rest and be very light and reliable as a mountain rifle.  
http://www.lonestarwholesale.com/4.html

I'm not sure which would be better between DPMS, Stag, or Double star?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
the lower is just that, a lower that serves the purpose of holding the upper to the housed lower parts.

any listed will serve the purpose fine
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Any preferences?  Experience with that vendor?  Price comparison good or bad
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
i have used these lowers and have listed them in preference.

bushmaster~ $160-able to accept a rdias if it is ever affordable, nice finish and fit. really nice paired with their lpk's
dpms~$100- nice dark finish that matches well and fit is good
doublestar~$100- "    "   "     "
ameetec~$80(what i paid per for bulk buy) quality was hard to beat at the price but i got one of the first
stag~$100-nice fit and finish, great for the price if you can get past the deer head
mega~90- nice fit and really dark finish but there is a slight problem with anodizing flaking
eaglearms~$110- sister comp of armalite
rra~$120- nice finish but dont like the tight fitment
colt~?? bought complete rifle and fit and finish was sub par compared to the others but i own only one

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top