Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 9:27:04 PM EDT
Just saw this in SGN. Sabre is now producing a midlength gas system 18" midweight barrel with 1/7 twist and Chrome bore optional; it looks like its about .850" under the handguards and fluted under the HGs and in front of the gas block.

Hmm, tasty...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Try with Talon Arms. The sell alot of sabre barrels and uppers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have two Sabre midlength barrels; I know how good the quality is. I wanted to know what people thought of the basic idea of an 18" midlength gas sustem barrel, wether the extra 2" are worth the trouble. I have always been intrigued about the idea of an 18" barrel (a length more considered than one created because of legal requirements).
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds interesting...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:24:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd link to it but Sabre does their online catalog as a PDF

Don't know if its in there anyway. The pic in SGN is tiny and dark.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#5]
That's an interesting barrel configuration.

I'm thinking of starting a 18" SPR project for this year and still can't decide what gas system would I use, either the mid length, rifle length or the custom which is 2" shorter than the rifle system.

Here's a couple pic of a Vltor rifle with a custom 2" shorter than a rifle gas system posted a while ago by a member, but I could not find the thread anymore.

Note that the gas block sits just inside the LaRue 12.0 rails.

The Sabre barrel would also look good in this Vltor rig.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm thinking of starting a 18" SPR project for this year and still can't decide what gas system would I use, either the mid length, rifle length or the custom which is 2" shorter than the rifle system.

Here's a couple pic of a Vltor rifle with a custom 2" shorter than a rifle gas system posted a while ago by a member, but I could not find the thread anymore.

Not exactly two inches...

Any barrel you had made for the Intermediate Length gas system would have to be a special run, maight as well just go with the barrel designed for the system? It's a damn good barrel too
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Is that a real Ops Inc brake and if so, where did you get it?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not exactly two inches...

Any barrel you had made for the Intermediate Length gas system would have to be a special run, maight as well just go with the barrel designed for the system? It's a damn good barrel too

I did not say exactly two inches, even if I said 2.000" (three place decimal) in usual manufacturing factories and engineering drawings it means plus or minus 0.010 (ten thousands), unless there is a special tighter tolerance callout.

What would you guys recommend for an 18" SPR barrel, either the rifle or mid length gas system and please explain why?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is that a real Ops Inc brake and if so, where did you get it?

Regards,
Gary

The rifle in the picture is not mine, it's Vltor's 18" barrel with custom intermediate length gas system experimental model.

Ops Inc brakes are usually available from Wes Grant of M.S.T.N., you could ask him if they have them in stock.

You could also try the Equipment Exchange board of this site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top