Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 3:20:06 PM EDT
I would like to get a flat top upper.

that being said I am open to suggestions. here are my specifications below.

if in .223, able to handel heavy 69-75 grain bullets

a barrel long enough to wring out the bullets optimum performance, but ,I don't want a hocky stick

if NOTin .223 what calibers are available that will function in my standard bushmaster lower?

I would like to switch back and forth from my A-1 upper to my new upper.

it will probably be toped off with a decent night vision scope so low to zero flash is required/anticipated so I will probably need a devise at the end.....recomendations?(I don't need or want a can)

the range of target will be 50-300 yards...longer shots not required.

freefloat ofcourse, but who makes a decent hand guard?

this will not be a benchrest beauty, this is going to be a working gun so advise accordingly.

btw I am in law enforcement but this is not for on duty applications....more or less for the zombies......(we really need a zombie icon for this board)

thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I would like to get a flat top upper.

that being said I am open to suggestions. here are my specifications below.

if in .223, able to handel heavy 69-75 grain bullets

a barrel long enough to wring out the bullets optimum performance, but ,I don't want a hocky stick

if NOTin .223 what calibers are available that will function in my standard bushmaster lower?

I would like to switch back and forth from my A-1 upper to my new upper.

it will probably be toped off with a decent night vision scope so low to zero flash is required/anticipated so I will probably need a devise at the end.....recomendations?(I don't need or want a can)

the range of target will be 50-300 yards...longer shots not required.

freefloat ofcourse, but who makes a decent hand guard?

this will not be a benchrest beauty, this is going to be a working gun so advise accordingly.

btw I am in law enforcement but this is not for on duty applications....more or less for the zombies......(we really need a zombie icon for this board)

thanks for your input.

stormwalker,

How true:

we really need a zombie icon for this board

14.5"-16" Colt/LMT/CMT/Stag in 1:7 for a 5.56MM ( 75-77gr ).
Personally, I would go with a 16.5" 6.8SPC.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If you would like a lighter upper package I would recommend Denny's Global Tactical Operator mid length gas system with a mid-weight contour, Vortex FS, LaRue 9.0 or 12.0 FF rails, TangoDown VFG, CMT M4 upper, LaRue fixed BUIS and Colt M16 BCG with Wolff power extractor spring.

For a more accurate upper a RECCE 16-inch heavy barrel contour with a mid length gas system either from Denny, ADCO or Noveske Rifleworks with the same package above.

If the ammo availability is better for the 6.8 mm SPC a PRI upper would be nice.

My 6.8 mm upper project is on hold because ammo is still hard to find, I could only get low quantities from SilverStateArmory.com in Pahrump, NV.

Good luck on your project.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you would like a lighter upper package I would recommend Denny's Global Tactical Operator mid length gas system with a mid-weight contour, Vortex FS, LaRue 9.0 or 12.0 FF rails, TangoDown VFG, CMT M4 upper, LaRue fixed BUIS and Colt M16 BCG with Wolff power extractor spring.

For a more accurate upper a RECCE 16-inch heavy barrel contour with a mid length gas system either from Denny, ADCO or Noveske Rifleworks with the same package above.

If the ammo availability is better for the 6.8 mm SPC a PRI upper would be nice.

My 6.8 mm upper project is on hold because ammo is still hard to find, I could only get low quantities from SilverStateArmory.com in Pahrump, NV.

Good luck on your project.

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top