Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 10:31:33 AM EDT
Anybody have one?
Ive been looking into a 4 rail Tube and this model seems to me better than the YHM9479 wich is 14oz!

Since Charlie came Ive been RE thinking my KISS ?

Sure my shorty gave me comfort without a pistol grip and sureFire Light
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#1]
This post confuses me a lot.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
YHM 4 RAIL FLOAT TUBE LIGHT WIEGHT

MODEL NUMBERS YHM9479  14 oz

MODEL NUMBER YHM 9631  10  0z  also has end caps

ANYONE UNDERSTAND ON THIS FORUM?

I thought  YHM wassnt that new? They make parts for Companys like BUSHMASTER,RRA etc!

ALSO Charlie was a Hurricane! After the storm it made SINCE TO PUT ON A LIGHT/SURFIRE on my SHORTY .

Also SHORTY is a AR15 Carbine

QUESTION IS Does anyone have the YHM 10oz carbine 4 rail Tube??

ITS a like a FLOATER WITH RAILS

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Man a cant belive it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, i do

brightflashlights in the industry forum will have whatever it is you are looking for.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, with the clarification, this looks less like a schitzo post.

Lots of people have the YHM lightweight tubes; they're very solid. People don't generally memorize model numbers, so you usually hear things like "freefloat carbine" or "lightweight carbine" tubes.

BFL's ad is here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=142&t=142581
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#7]
It really did look like some odd code language!

Aside from the lower weight, what is it you like better about the lighter (skeletonized?) system?  It looks like that 4oz of aluminum could be pretty helpful in keeping my hands from getting burned unless I had some pretty serious covers!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I just want the rifle to be as lite as possible!

I love the carbine/Shorty but when you add all the extras it takes away what the rifle was suppose to be in the first place!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The lightweight rail is the way to go, IMO, but I wouldn't feel safe with those huge ventilation holes unless I got some KAC or magpul/ergo/cav/etc fullsize covers
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The lightweight rail is the way to go, IMO, but I wouldn't feel safe with those huge ventilation holes unless I got some KAC or magpul/ergo/cav/etc fullsize covers

I have a YHM lightweight 7" rail handguard on a shorty.  I use the Magpul XT rail panels on bottom and sides, and a ladder cover on top.  I may switch to a vert. foregrip on the bottom though.  As for the end cap I didn't put one on it because that would add weight.  You usually don't get the end cap with the handguard, nor do you have to use one either.  It's like $14 extra or something anyway.  If you want a lighter weight CAR handguard spend an extra $150 on a Daniel Defense 7"!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah Daniel D. looks like a winner
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top