Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 6:49:07 PM EDT
All,

I am wanting to take the plunge into rails as I want a VFG.  The two mentioned in the title are the ones that I am most interested in.  Has anyone compared the two side by side, and if so what are the pluses and minuses of each.  I like the CASV for the option of mounting rails in different positions, but I like the KAC for the shorter top rail mounting system(I do not wnat to buy another mount for my aimpoint).  Thoughts???  Thank a million.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
All,

I am wanting to take the plunge into rails as I want a VFG.  The two mentioned in the title are the ones that I am most interested in.  Has anyone compared the two side by side, and if so what are the pluses and minuses of each.  I like the CASV for the option of mounting rails in different positions, but I like the KAC for the shorter top rail mounting system(I do not wnat to buy another mount for my aimpoint).  Thoughts???  Thank a million.

With the RASII you're probably going to have to buy another mount for you Aimpoint anyways (probably a shorter one and it should be on top of the hump).  So you'll be spending that regardless of which rail you choose.

I really like the RASII.  I've never handled the CASV.

That being said I'd go with the RASII as I'm not a fan of bolt on rails.  That's just me and YMMV.

Corey
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input.  I too like the way the RAS II attaches to the upper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to update, I bought the RAS II from Bravo Company, and I could not be happier with the purchase and the service and quick response I got from them.  My KAC cantilever mount had to be moved back a little but not too much. But I will most likely buy a Larue RAS II mount for the Aimpoint to put it on the hump of the RAS II, but I do think an ARMS 22 will fit on the hump as well. I have been wanting to buy a 1-4X scope but I do not think it will fit between my BUIS and the hump.  So I may end up buying another upper, darn the luck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just to update, I bought the RAS II from Bravo Company, and I could not be happier with the purchase and the service and quick response I got from them.  My KAC cantilever mount had to be moved back a little but not too much. But I will most likely buy a Larue RAS II mount for the Aimpoint to put it on the hump of the RAS II, but I do think an ARMS 22 will fit on the hump as well. I have been wanting to buy a 1-4X scope but I do not think it will fit between my BUIS and the hump.  So I may end up buying another upper, darn the luck.

Not a 1-4x scope, but an ACOG will fit...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:05 AM EDT
[#5]
RAS II are my choice if using Aimpoints.  Thats why I have three of them.  Two mounted, one in a box waiting for a future build.

For your viewing plaesure:

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys, thanks for the picture and the advice on the scope mount !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top