Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 12:42:12 PM EDT
I am thinking about building a Colt 6921 upper or something like the SOCOM style style upper.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to ask the Pro's who have been arounnd Colt Ar's longer than I have,is it possible to build a 6921 upper or a SOCOM upper than to buy one complete? I planned on get a M4 Colt stripped upper from Brownells at my dealer cost or using a CMTupper rec and getting a Colt M4 barrel or SOCOM barrel. How different are or close is CMT upper to Colt in the marking's on the side of the upper Rec? Doesn't CMY make the Colt upper?I know that I ask many questions but, I am trying to learn more about who make who and what are the same?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Your best bet would be to buy a stripped Colt M4 upper and one of Skich's SOCOM barrels.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to thank everybody for there help and are ther any other dealer or Company's that sell Colt parts?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
KY Imports for some stuff

Brownells

SAW

Armament Services International

and our own EE of course!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
How does the upper Rec marking's compair to CMT and doesn't CMT make Colt uppers? I would like to know how to tell them apart?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
You cannot tell them apart as far as I know

For that matter, I am not sure how important the CMT/Colt affiliation is.

I read through the Black Rifle II on the subject of manufacturing receivers, and it clearly states - and illustrates with photos - that Colt makes their own receivers in house

Perhaps Colt gets raw forgings from sources such as CMT, Alcoa, Anchor, Cardinal etc., and machines them into a recognizable receiver.

this makes sense, but the forging company would actually have very little to do with finish and general quality since the machining process would be the part that makes the difference

maybe some manufacturing,metallurgist, or CNC experts could weigh in on this
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Do your homework and start looking on the EE, that will yield the best results, weather you build it or buy it complete, been some good prices on the 6921 uppers there lately
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Can anyone tell the diffenence between CMT and Colt upper REC. ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell the diffenence between CMT and Colt upper REC. ?

markings and probably annodizing
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Explain in more detail what you mean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top