Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2005 9:14:14 AM EDT
Been looking at DPMS among others.  They mostly list stainless and chrome-moly barrels.  Can't find a definitive wording "chrome lined".  

They question really, from this vast quantum blackhole of  reading information, hat
Fool local dealers here will only tell you what you want to hear which may well not be truth.

Let the rumble begin
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you're going to get much of a rumble.  DPMS normally ships all their rifles and uppers with chrome-moly (i.e. non-chrome lined) or SS barrels.  They have offered chrome lined in the past and continue to do so by special order, AFAIK.

If you ever have a question like this again, you can never go wrong by calling the manufacturer directly and simply asking them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I think they will chrome line the barrel for you on request, its about $30.- extra.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
call dpms themselves and ask them, there is also the industry forum in which dpms is a part of and have reps that come and answer questions.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind me asking, is a chrome lined chamber / bore a big selling point for you? anyone else want to offer your thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I may be wrong but the thought of having a chrome lined system would allow:

1) ease in cleanup
2) lessening of barrel chamber corrosion
3) increased longevity of barrel life.

you get the picture?

if these ideas are wrong or worse for the added cost let me know your ideas.

I'm always willing to listen to gun gurus who have traveled the same path to rifle enlightenment
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Chrome Lined is definately a selling point for me on any AR that might ever be used for rapid fire.  If I were building a match or varmint gun I might would use Stainless.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#7]
DPMS chrome lines all barrels that are under 16". You have to ask for chrome lined barrels for an extra $35.00. AK43
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Chromelined barrels are indeed a selling point and I own a few of them, but there are literally thousands of ARs here that have regular chrome-moly  barrels. And since they aren't going to be used for full auto or drug through mud and sand, they'll work and last just fine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
DPMS chrome lines all barrels that are under 16". You have to ask for chrome lined barrels for an extra $35.00. AK43

That's interesting.  DPMS had a very large table at the last CRW/SAR show.  They must have had arround 100 uppers, not a single chromed lined barrel in the whole bunch.  I ended up ordering an RRA chrome lined from one of the industry partners (and shipping was cheaper than sales tax.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top