Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 8:11:14 PM EDT
Im looking for a few things, and I was wondering who on the board could suggest who I should consider for making this, or where to buy the right parts and I could just build it myself, also, if anyone has had a particular good experience with someone etc.

I want to make an 18 inch Upper for varmits/Pdogs. I would like to make it as tan or camo'ed as possible, as all my AR's tend to be hunting rigs. First off, does anyone offer a GUN KOTE'ed upper or barrel? Secondly, what barrel would be optimial for this set up. I want to be able to take yotes and Pdogs out to 250-300 yards ( a P dog is about 3 inches across and 7-10 inches tall at most), what barrel and weight should I consider?

For the FF handguard, is there a Tan one made, or do I also need to GUN KOTE that, I like what I have heard about Kote and so was thinking it was the way to go. Any one on the board who could make this for me?

My other thought process would be, if I got an 16 inch barrel and just added on a FH would I lose anything from the 18 inch, as far as trade off goes?

Would a mid length gas system make a difference?

Below is the set up I was thinking of, feel free to critique it or add or remove what you would to improve my idea.

18 inch LW Barrel Gun Koted tan
LaRue 13.2
Troy Medieval FH
CAV Tan lower

If I was to build this myself, who should I consider for my upper recieve rec? CMT?

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!!

Again if theres any dealer you think could do this all for me, and thus keep it simple for me, please message me or post who and how there stuff worked out for you!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#1]
There are so many dealers on here that can do that for you. MSTN,JTAC,Dennys.......Just go into the EE and look under new uppers and you will see threads that are bold that say "custom precison upper"  or somthing along those lines and then just look around. The only dealer I would stay away from is no longer doing business here and that was Georgia Precision (not GAP). Everyone else here is good. You will spend anywhere from $800 to $2k+ on a upper so its all up to you. Good luck
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
From your list I would only change the barrel and FH, a SPR or varmint heavy barrel would be more accurate in my opinion but would be heavier.

Vortex FH would be more accurate.

CMT are good upper, I have one but there are other good brands too.

I would suggest ADCO Firearms for components or for a complete build and you could find their contact info from the Industry section of this site.

Good luck on your project.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Again if theres any dealer you think could do this all for me, and thus keep it simple for me, please message me or post who and how there stuff worked out for you!

+1M denny @ GTS

see
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=231558

ar-jedi

ETA, also see
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=237673
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
DTech makes great upper for a reasonable price www.dedicatedtechnology.com
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top