Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 8:18:23 PM EDT
I needed a new knurled ring for my 7" Larue full float handguard. My friend "helped" me tighten it will I was taking a phone call and scratched it all up with channel locks while tighting it. The scratches really bothered me making an otherwise great looking (and functioning) float tube blemished.
 I emailed Larue wanteding to know how much a new replacement ring would cost me and they emailed back saying "Merry Christmas...will send you out a new one tomorrow.  It's on the house.  
:-)
Mark LaRue and Team. "

Wow! The ring arrived today. I expected to pay for my "friend's" mistake not get a free replacement. Larue Tactical is a class act. Great products and great support. I'll certainly buy from them again. Thanks Mark!
JR
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they are a class act.

Just please remember that all of us LaRue customers PAY for that level of service.

Folks like to bash "premium" manufacturers for their prices, but you are paying for all the R&D they do, and this type of service.

Business's PAY for nothing, customers pay for it all ultimately.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Fight4yerrights, That argument holds for taxes, transportation costs, health care costs, etc., as well as quality control, etc.

But some guy sitting at a desk had to decide to do what they did in this case.  He never thought for a moment that thousands of people might know about it-- he just did it.

You can't possibly pay enough for that-- it's priceless.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Fight for your rights, Let me know what your share was and I `ll pay you back.  Give the guy a break. they did a nice thing for him.  Don`t try to make him feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fight for your rights, Let me know what your share was and I `ll pay you back.  Give the guy a break. they did a nice thing for him.  Don`t try to make him feel bad about it.

I'm NOT trying to make him feel bad.

Just trying to use this to point out to others one of the differences between cheap gear and good gear - service.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#5]
IMHO LaRue's rails are very reasonably priced for what you get.  Their rings are on the high side but there is literally nothing else on the market that comes close to them (and if you examine them they are a work of art and practicality).

And the guy answering the phone isn't some desk jocket.  It's Mark LaRue.

I try to not drink the Koolade, but LaRue really is that good of a company.

Corey
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Next time, head to sears and pick up a strap wrench set for $20. The big one is perfectly sized for a LaRue nut and they are useful for SO many things.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I can honestly say that Mark is one of the most clever guys in the industry and it shows in his products. He also has a genuine commitment towards making the absolute best product possible and still keep them available to everyone...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I was going to use a strap wrench, my friend grabbed channel locks when I wasn't looking, thought he was helping me out.
JR
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I can sure give high praise to LaRue tactical also.  On my Christmas list was an item that was out of stock when my wife ordered it.  She was disapointed but they called her back and told her they would still send me a present to open for Christmas in case my item didn't arrive in time.  They sent  a really nice package  to hold me over until my item gets here.  
Well,  my item didn't get here yet, but they are getting another order  right now on another item I need.  
Super service.  I appreciate that they put our military and law enforcment first.  
Even if they didn't go the extra mile for their customers, I would still get their products.  Just because they are the best.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Whether you want/like LaRue stuff or not, there is no manufacturer that is more helpful and concerned about your needs than Mark.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
there is no manufacturer that is more helpful and concerned about your needs than Mark.

+1
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know if they are on vacation this week?  I emailed the sales dept. on friday and have not received a response yet.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Just telephone them and ask if they're on vacation, it would be quicker than waiting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top