Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 7:54:01 PM EDT
How is the Surefire suppressor attached to a barrel? in terms of the brake....is there a special brake that is sold do that the suppressor can latch on?

who sells em? thanks!

anyone pics of them attached to their setup?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to silencertests.com

They have pictures, the suppressor mounts to the SF Flash hider, but I can't tell you how, Rsilvers and Chen have used them and you could ask Rsilvers in the M16 forum and he'll probably answer the same day.

If you are looking for a suppressor to buy I think the Troy and AAC suppressors are superior to the Surefire for less money; of course the surefire suppressor advertises less change in POI so if that is true and a big concern [more so than sound reduction] you may want to get the surefire suppressor.

If you are concerned with weight the AAC M4-2000 now weighs 19OZ and is like an ounce heavier than the surefire suppressor [I believe] when the flash hiders of both are factored in.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The Troy/RD also has minimal shift as do all 2 point suppressors.  AAC and Surefire only offer A2 flashider type mounts that are one piece.  The Troy mount fits behind any flash hider you want including Phantom and Vortex. AAC will have a Phantom mount coming out for SHOT.  Its still not a 2 point system that fits over the barrel like Troy and Surefire.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Go to silencertests.com
If you are concerned with weight the AAC M4-2000 now weighs 19OZ and is like an ounce heavier than the surefire suppressor [I believe] when the flash hiders of both are factored in.

I have not weighed mine [m4 2000]  but I know it is lighter than my Ranger and performance is better also. Just outstanding.

eta; My M4-2000 clocks the same way, each time mounted. This is why I bought it having already a Ranger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top