Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 9:13:05 PM EDT
I want to buy a stripped upper and lower that is done in every way except the finish. I want to have the anodizing done by a local company that does custom colors. It'll be my "anti-black" black rifle.

Who would sell me un-anodized AR parts?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#1]
just a quick thought, get an upper and lower from whomever you like and have the local company bead blast the finish off and re-anodize and dip in whatever die you want.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
just a quick thought, get an upper and lower from whomever you like and have the local company bead blast the finish off and re-anodize and dip in whatever die you want.

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Will I run the risk of removing the serial number if I do that?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Jelly, that should not be an issue, the serial should be stamped in deep enough per the F troop boys rules.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#5]
An anodizing place the will use an approperate media and pressure for aluminum, it won't be an issue.   It woudln't hurt to mention that they can't wash out the serial number.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Tom Sawer Mfg.  makes custom lowers how the customer wants them stamped/marked.  give him a call.  he is   LikeMopar on the boards here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an upper receiver from Olympic Arms unfinishedand with out the takedown and pivot holes drilled once. They make there own uppers and lowers and have been friendly to me on ordering things a little different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top