Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:48:48 PM EDT
I seen some stripped carbon fiber lowers in shotgun news not to long ago for around $60 bucks. Are these any good? They claimed they're 40% lighter, 40% stronger and were obviously cheaper than aluminum. If they are as good as they claim could you also point me to where I could pick up a few, they're not in Shotgun news anymore. I didn't at the time because I figured if they're that good and that cheap the US military woulda been using them ALONG time ago. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything that seems too good to be true...

you know the rest of that, right?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
think the ones you are referring to are vulcan's lowers which is also known as hesse which is known here as "crap".

bushmaster also offers carbon lowers and uppers and im would be a better company to get it from if you must. i personally would probably never get one after handling a few. the fit doesnt seem right to me and i dont see much of a weight problem with aluminum lowers which by the way arent much different in price and in some cases much cheaper than the carbon fiber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top