Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 2:49:37 PM EDT
i have a gentelman who has a orignal preban Colt AR-15 still in the orignal box with all the correct paperwork as well as all the factory accessories that came new with it. It has never been shot my question is it worth $1000.00 and if not what is it worth as i want to aquire it for a reasonable price
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure if you are aware that the ban is over. All new black rifles are the same or better than pre-1994 black rifles. I don't see reason for a premium over new weapons.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The ban is not over in all states.

SP1s seem to be going for about $1,000 lately.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't live in one of the ban states like the Republic of California or New York/New Jersey, buy it and offer it to one of us behind enemy lines. I'm sure that someone would be more than happy to pay a premium for the opportunity to have a flash hider or other 'banned' features.

Anyway, good luck with your 'new' toy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#4]
a $1000 for a colt seems like a great price compared to what they are going for now.

what model is it? would be worth more in states that still have their own awb's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top