Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 5:35:05 PM EDT
We have a shop here in Kali that sells Vulcan recievers, lowers, rifles with a 10 rd mag  "permanently" installed and legal. Has anyone heard of these? They want $259 for the reciever and $415 for a complete lower. Is that a good price? Also, where else can I find these to compare?

Thanks,  tom
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay far away from anything that Vulcan makes.  Your best bet is a FAB-10 lower which is Cali legal and far better quality.  Check this link for dealers:

FAB-10
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That's disgusting. So are Vulcan/Hesses. Guns of the Special Forces indeed...

If the budget won't stretch beyond a Vulcan.....try getting a used gun.

Simon
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus those prices sound a bit high, but then again you ARE in Cali, so who knows, maybe out there that's a good price...

Friends don't let friends buy Hesse, OH THAT's RIGHT I MEAN VULCAN....  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:26:45 AM EDT
[#6]
so your sayin the Vulcan 50 cal is not a wise buy

(hahahahhaha)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two builds on Vulcan lowers and they work fine. Are the Vulcan lowers crap? I don't think so. The finish may not be as good as the others out there but my Lower parts kit went in with no problems and my RRA upper fits perfectly. Is the website cheesy? Yes, but I don't care about their website. I just want to build.
$259-$269 is the average you will pay in California for the lower/pinned mag. A bit of a ripoff but you gotta pay to play here in Cali. I will probably sell it when I move and get a higher quality lower but for now this will do just fine. The main complaints about the unit I have heard are the finish and the stock magazines. My finish was not bad and I swapped the magazine for a Bushmaster 10-rd with a little bit of work.  Total for a build would be about $1000 (+/- 100) with a quality upper, stock, and LowerPartsKit. A prebuilt Bushmaster Carbon-15 or Vulcan is about the same price.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Hesse=SHIT

Hesse=Vulcan

So...Vulcan=SHIT

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The Vulcan receiver is excellant , its the same subcontracted piece that every other company use's. However, the magazine they use is a serious POS!!! I cut mine out and replaced it with a Bushmaster, and the rig runs great !
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Vulcan and/or Hesse products are pure unadulterated 100% SHIT. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey tom I am planing on buying a lower C,A legal from vulcan they said i can buy it strait from them dealer cost for 197.Get on there site and email them u should be able too get that price too .As for there eternal mag they told me that its high quality.I dont own one so i cant say anything bad about them.Their is a company that is getting complete rifles bushmaster,colt and then adding the enternal mag they are californiabushmaster.com
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey tom I am planing on buying a lower C,A legal from vulcan they said i can buy it strait from them dealer cost for 197.Get on there site and email them u should be able too get that price too .As for there eternal mag they told me that its high quality.I dont own one so i cant say anything bad about them.Their is a company that is getting complete rifles bushmaster,colt and then adding the enternal mag they are californiabushmaster.com

Or both of you could try to get a legal stripped lower and have a fully functional rifle in a month or so if   things work out right...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=216604
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top