Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2005 8:39:53 PM EDT
I was about to pick up some MEGA receivers for a new build, but it sounds like it will be a fair wait... Anyway, how's the fit and finish on Ameetec? Do the uppers/lowers match up nice and tight?

Thanks for your replies.
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#1]
love them
Link Posted: 10/26/2005 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have three Ameetec lowers and two uppers. I like the fit and finish very much on them. Color is a nice deep black. They built out just fine and I've had zero problems with them. I still have an upper that is waiting for a barrel. The picture below is my rifle with Ameetec upper and lower. I have put an A2 FH on it since this picture as I'm  going to start shooting Service Rifle with it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2005 6:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Built 5 - M4 rifles using the Ameetec Teflon coated lowers & A3 uppers. Excellent components, fantastic finish, went together with zero problems using 3 BM 16" M4 barrels & 2 LMT 14.5" M4 barrels. All are still functioning w/o a hiccup with over 1k through each. Also built a light weight carbine on a MEGA lower using a BM A3 upper & BM 16" LW Patrolman carbine 16" barrel. Also an excellent lower that went togther like a knife through hot butter. Will use Ameetec lowers & uppers again. I'll post a pic if I can find one. Warren @ Ameetec is great to work with.
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad andI have several lowers and uppers all 100%.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]
good stuff !!
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy 10 stripped lowers for an even $1,000 from them and be set for life.

I bought 5 lowers right after the ban, and they have all built up just fine.  They are a good company with a good product.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I built my 6.8 SPC on an Ameetec lower.  The upper is from RRA.  Color match is about as close at they get and I had no issues with parts fit.

I have seen five or six rifles built on thier lowers, not counting the rifles hanging on the wall at Warren's shop.  All the rifles I've seen have looked good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top