Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2005 5:49:05 AM EDT
I have a 45c that I am installing on my friends AR, but I don't have the instructions.  I installed one many moon ago, but I can't remember any of the details.  Does anyone have some instructions that they can email to me or post?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think there was any that came with it. All you have to do is take the old handguards off and mount the top of the SIR to the top rail on your AR. After that mount the bottom handguard to the top rail. There is a plastic thing that comes for it for light barrels but you should not need that at all once tightened down.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a couple SIRs including a 45C the only "plastic thing" included is the handguard itself.  

Secure the SIR body to your flat-top receiver using the 3 bar clamp(use blue loctite).

There  is a steel yoke that goes around the barrel nut and gets attached to the SIR body with 4 screws.

After that just slide the polymer handguard into place and lock it by pushing in and turning the two locking buttons 90 degrees.

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, thats what I thought.  But since I didn't have the instructions, I wanted to make sure of the installation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top