Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2005 6:16:37 AM EDT
Would like your input on a lightweight upper for coyote hunting.  I will be using a red dot so I need a flat top in a 16" barrel with an aluminum or carbon fiber float tube with gas block.  (want it to be as light as I can)

Thanks in advance.

V.Muth
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Mid-length RRA from ADCO turned down under the handguards. Might be up over $500 a bit though.

Here's what I put together (I'll be using it for coyote hunting too, coinidentally)
Sabre Defence Gov't profile, mid-length, chrome-lined, 1/7 twist barrel- $285 shipped- Talon Arms
CMT M4 cut upper- $99- Bravo Company
CMT Bolt/Carrier/ Charging handle- $140 (can be found much cheaper as a package)- Bravo Company
RRA OD Hand guards- $23.50- ADCO
ARMS #40 BUIS- $100 shipped- ADCO

Just a little under $650. This upper could be put together for under $500 If you could skip the hand guards, BUIS, and find a better deal on the B/C/CH. An aluminum FF tube is pretty cheap too. I don't know if Talon Arms could swap a railed gas block on there or not, though.

Hope this helps a little.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
look for used bushmaster superlight uppers, model1 also offers one or was it m&a?. or look for a colt 6520 upper.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Pick up a LW SS barrel, drop it on a CMT upper and ignore the irons if its only for 4 legged beasts and you are trying to stay cheap.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Here are some links to some lightweight uppers or components.

www.eaglefirearms.net/ef_upper_assy.htm#5.56mm%20UppersThird one down.

www.del-ton.com/detail.aspx?ID=599  If you're wanting to build your own.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top