Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 8:57:41 AM EDT
Are the "T" marks used to correctly align for zero when swapping accesories? If so, would I be correct in saying I could take a flat top with a clamp on handle and sights, shoot close range or whatever and then swap the handle for a scope without worrying about finding zero again? If not, what are they for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It's purpose is for you to reattach your sight/optic/carry handle etc to the same point you previously had them. The numbers provide you with something to etch on your mount, write on a cheat sheet, or at least memorize.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's purpose is for you to reattach your sight/optic/carry handle etc to the same point you previously had them. The numbers provide you with something to etch on your mount, write on a cheat sheet, or at least memorize.

So then I could swap between a scope and iron sights @ the carrying handle
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes but just to make sure we understand each other each of those has to be initially zeroed on your rifle and then when you take it off and put it back on it has to go back on the exact same block of rails it was zeroed from.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes but just to make sure we understand each other each of those has to be initially zeroed on your rifle and then when you take it off and put it back on it has to go back on the exact same block of rails it was zeroed from.

oh, yes, I meant after they are zeroed and marked, they can be removed and replaced without further work.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

oh, yes, I meant after they are zeroed and marked, they can be removed and replaced without further work.

Right -theoretically if nothing has changed from the previous time you will be good to go. In application though you might have to tweak it just a little.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]
All depending on wether or not you have a return-to-zero mount or not, also.

PBIR pretty much covered it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So then I could swap between a scope and iron sights @ the carrying handle

As stated above, yes.  But that has nothing to do with the marks on the upper.  The marks are just to make it easier to put it back in the same spot each time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Uhmmm....."T" means "top".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top