Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 8:57:24 AM EDT
Does anybody run or have experience with the KAC tele-stock plate sling mount?

I’ve also thought about the Tango Down PR-4 mount. Any experience with these?

I’ve tried the GG&G Agency Adapter but wasn’t happy with its performance. It didn’t seem to stay clamped around the tube close to the castle nut.

I want something that is quick release, so a standard end plate is not desired.

I was just going to order one from Wes @ MSTN, but just saw that they’ve run out. I think that Operation Parts might have them though.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Both KAC and TD mounts are top notch items..

KAC need disassembling and it replace teh castlenut end plate and it is very low profiel.

TD just mount to the buffer tube but you will loose your fully collapised lock out position for storage.

TD has three points, the best thing for TD is the center point, it is awesome for strong or support side shooting. transition is made easy with out too much snagging.

I ran TD on all my buffer tube carbines..

TD is available from Buffer Tech
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I own both. I prefer to retain the factory staking as done by Colt and LMT, so I have switched to TD.

If you want, I can lend you my KAC mount so you can try it out before you buy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have nothing bad to say about the KAC. I'd still like to own one. But, the rear "third position" on the TD is hard to beat. With the sling there you can do shoulder tranistions faster and easier then with any other mount. It is well made, and does what its supposed to. I love mine.

An "alternate" method with a three point.

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.

Vinh, that’s a generous offer, and I’ll consider it.

Pat Rogers was talking up the PR-4 mount during a class this summer, so it must be great. I like the low profile the KAC produces though, but I suppose the PR-4 isn’t too big.

I assume that the PR-4 mount stays clamped around the rec. extension.

Anybody else have some experience with these?

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.

Vinh, that’s a generous offer, and I’ll consider it.

Pat Rogers was talking up the PR-4 mount during a class this summer, so it must be great. I like the low profile the KAC produces though, but I suppose the PR-4 isn’t too big.

I assume that the PR-4 mount stays clamped around the rec. extension.

Anybody else have some experience with these?

The TD PR4 and the DD were designed for use on issued rifles. Those rifles where the user did not own, and or was not allowed to remove the stock for any reason. Both work the same way, they clamp onto the receiver extention tube.

The DD is great although the TD has a slightly smaller footprint since it snugs up under the castle nut. With both mounts you cannot close the stock fully, since the mount will block it from locking in the last fully closed position. The TD has that third mounting point in the rear, and as seen in my pictures the stock will close with the swivel in the rear position.

Which stock are you using? The Colt? I have more pictures of the TD mounted on various stocks.

Both mounts are no gunsmithing add ons, and can be done in five or ten minutes with a simple wrench. Once installed, you need not remove either mount, unless you want to remove the receiver extension. Both do add a small bit of weight, but it is not worth worrying about.

I like the TD best, but there is nothing wrong with the DD, and I can recommend either one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top