Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:34:15 PM EDT
R Guns has post-ban uppers on closeout.  I recently purchased an A-1 upper with M-4 barrel (14.5") with a permanent Miculek compensator attached.  Price, including carrier group and charging  handle: $399.  

Picture from RGuns website.

Some pleasant surprises:
-the bolt carrier is chromed.  Looks cool, should last forever.

-the fit and finish is better than my previous bushmaster upper and at least as good as a RRA arms unit I had

-the compensator is awesome.  I've never used a compensated AR before, and this thing really works.  Felt recoil is almost non-existent.  Even with the light barrel, it stays on target.  It also wasn't as loud as I expected.  

-the chamber appears to be chromed.  I know DPMS does make chromed lined uppers on request, and this one does appear to have it.  Also, the A-1 receiver has M4 feed ramps cut in it.  Bonus!

-the upper functions flawlessly.  200 rounds of my favorite ammo (cheapass Wolf) were fired without a hitch.

I wish I could report on accuracy, but I was just blasting away at 100yds with the iron sights.  A couple groups at 3", but I'm sure it'll do a lot better than that.  

In summary, I think this upper was a tremendous bargain in a slightly odd configuration.  I love it.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i would never order anything from r-guns
my  0.02
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
why do you say that?  I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
That is pretty cool.  I just have one question though.  What is a MickLick Muzel Break?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently the good folks at R Guns are partially illiterate.  I believe he meant Miculek Muzzle Brake.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why do you say that?  I've never had a problem.

Your a and as such have missed all of R-Guns nasty e-mails and bad attitude which reached legendary status a few years back.

He ain't the most customer friendly guy to deal with, putting it very mildly.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The Miculek Muzzle Brake is one of the coolest looking muzzle attachements IMHO. Coming from Miculek, I am in no way suprised to hear it works well. As for Rguns, I have never had a problem with them, but then all of my transactions are FTF.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
first and last time i spoke with the folks there it was not what i would expected from a business that was selling stuff to make money or earn a living.

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#8]
R-Guns can't even take the effort to spell and you want to buy parts from them?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Lower prices forgive alot of things around here, both in products and vendors.

FWIW.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Just pulled the handguards off.  "C" and "M" stamps on the barrel just behind the FSB.  I believe that corresponds with "chrome" and "magnetic particle inspection".  

As for the service at RGuns, yeah the guy pretty much is a cocksucker on the phone, but he ships the same day and the prices are awesome.  Some people just don't have the gift of gab I guess.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just pulled the handguards off.  "C" and "M" stamps on the barrel just behind the FSB.  I believe that corresponds with "chrome" and "magnetic particle inspection".  

As for the service at RGuns, yeah the guy pretty much is a cocksucker on the phone, but he ships the same day and the prices are awesome.  Some people just don't have the gift of gab I guess.

I have had DPMS barrels marked with the same CM, that were not chrome lined.  It could very well mean chrome moly or mean nothing at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:18:30 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a fair price for the upper

With the Death of the AWB for most of the US Postban uppers are not in great demand

DPMS did make some runs of A3 uppers w/ the same barrel only Chrome Lined

The fella at RGuns told me these uppers were NOT Chrome Lined and 1x7 twist ( He could be wrong )
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:27:51 AM EDT
[#13]
He's at least wrong about the twist.  Its marked 1/9.  I can't tell for sure about the chrome.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top