Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 12:13:24 PM EDT
I'm a noob. Just wondering, is the Bushmaster DVD on AR-15 assembly good for someone who has not put together an AR-15? Is it better off to buy a complete rifle first just to see where everything goes and how it fits.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the Bushmaster DVD when I built my first complete AR.  When used in conjuction with FALARAK's FAQ page in the Build It Yourself forum it was an excellent resource.  Of course I also had a USMC armorer supervising to make sure I didn't screw anything up.  I wanted to do it myself though and I think the DVD helped.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I built my first AR while wathcing the video.  It works fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it better off to buy a complete rifle first just to see where everything goes and how it fits.

+1

+2

or use the diy threads in the build it yourself forum
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster DVD couldn't hurt. It helps for those "which way does this go?" moments.
Sometimes watching someone do it is easier than pics
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I printed off the instructions from this site. They were very detailed and it went together without any problems.

And best of all it was one thing for my AR that was FREE!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top