Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 1:41:43 AM EDT

What are the threaded holes (slots 25,21,17  all 4 sides) on the KAC RAS used for?

sling? bi-pod? drinkholder??

Maybe the answer is obvious, but so far I've never seen them in use...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are used in the manufactoring process.They(RAS) are held in place by the screw holes in the CNC machine.There are some accessories that use the same screw holes as attachment points.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose that would have been obvious .......
ventilation!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
They are used for mounting the military issue IR lasers. The PEQwhatever.

Prib
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
They have the same dimensions as the camera tripod screws holes.  Not that I've seen any RAS mounted on a camera tripod, or anything else mounted directly to the RAS without a mount for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
They are standard 1/4-20 threaded for attachment of other that rail grabbing mounts, sling swivel mounts, etc.
Our FF tubes do not have these threaded holes, for those, we make a "nut plate" with 1/4-20 threaded holes that slides down inside the FF RAS channels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top