Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 2:36:52 PM EDT
I am new to all of this and was wondering which parts supplier had the best prices without sacrificing quality.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt really worry about it.  Most AR parts "manufacturers" get their parts from the same places.  

M&A, JT, Model 1, Stag, Bushy, whoever.  Try to support one of the advertisers on this site if you can.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Which parts are you looking for?  All parts in general, or a specific group of parts (LPK, barrels, stocks, etc.)?

Also, what are you trying to achieve?  Plinker, tack driver, CQB, etc.?  

There are so many options for the AR platform both in function and quality, that to be steered in the proper direction, you need to be a little more specific with your request.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A lower receiver parts kit with standard trigger, standard stock, and for the upper, I would like something that would shoot 1.5 inches at 100 yards.  I would like to have iron sights and be able to mount a scope later on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't hit M&A or Model 1 with a stolen tool, if you know what I mean.

CMT is a pretty good deal these days.  Someone is selling CMT M4's in the EE that are about as close as any of us will ever get to issue M4's.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
what's an EE?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
what's an EE?

The Equipment Exchange here on AR-15.Com.

www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The Equipment Exchange here on the board. Theres a link in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks.  

Also, what is difference between pre=ban and post-ban and will either of them fit my LAR grizzly lower?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What is difference between pre-ban and post-ban?

Pre-ban uppers have bayonet lugs and flash suppressors, while post-ban uppers have no bayonet lugs and either a plain muzzle or possibly a permanently-attached muzzlebrake.

Since there is no assault weapons ban in Virginia, you can legally add a pre-ban upper to your existing lower, and even add a telestock if you desire.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
CMT is a great brand.  They make great Lower Parts Kits.  They also make Mil-Spec CAR/M4 stocks for a fraction of the cost of Colt, and the other Mil-Spec brands.  CMT complete uppers are sold under the name STAG.  A great option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top