Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 12:54:35 PM EDT
Anyone have pics of this operation? Or a guide? I have purchased a Colt Car stock and am going to install it. Is just the Car wrench sufficient? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
1. Separate your upper and lower receivers.
2. Remove your buffer and spring from your existing set-up.
3. Loosen the stock's castle nut with a telestock wrench.
4. Reach into the back of the lower receiver and depress the buffer retainer while unscrewing the stock. That way it won't go shooting out. Also make sure that you don't lose the takedown pin's detent and spring which are sandwiched between the stock's plate and the lower receiver.
5. Screw the new stock onto the lower receiver while depressing the buffer retainer. Make sure that the takedown pin's detent and spring are installed and be careful not to bend the spring over between the stock and lower receiver, as this will crush it.
6. Thread the new stock into the lower receiver until it overlaps the buffer retainer. This is what holds the buffer retainer in place.
7. After you've overlapped the buffer retainer, check to make sure that the stock is plum with the rifle. If it is rotated a little too far and is crooked, loosen it slightly to plum it up. Just don't uncover the buffer retainer completely.
8. Tighten the castle nut.
9. Install your new buffer spring and buffer. Do NOT use your old buffer and spring, as they are NOT compatible.
10. Put your upper back on your lower, and go shoot that thing!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1. Separate your upper and lower receivers.
2. Remove your buffer and spring from your existing set-up.
3. Loosen the stock's castle nut with a telestock wrench.
4. Reach into the back of the lower receiver and depress the buffer retainer while unscrewing the stock. That way it won't go shooting out. Also make sure that you don't lose the takedown pin's detent and spring which are sandwiched between the stock's plate and the lower receiver.
5. Screw the new stock onto the lower receiver while depressing the buffer retainer. Make sure that the takedown pin's detent and spring are installed and be careful not to bend the spring over between the stock and lower receiver, as this will crush it.
6. Thread the new stock into the lower receiver until it overlaps the buffer retainer. This is what holds the buffer retainer in place.
7. After you've overlapped the buffer retainer, check to make sure that the stock is plum with the rifle. If it is rotated a little too far and is crooked, loosen it slightly to plum it up. Just don't uncover the buffer retainer completely.
8. Tighten the castle nut.
9. Instaur new buffer spring and buffer. Do NOT use your old buffer and spring, as they are NOT compatible.
10. Put your upper back on your lower, and go shoot that thing!

As M4M said, it that simple. This is a MT 6400C converted after the Ban to a  MTSN RECCE.

Its all Colt except for the Douglas Match barrel and FE. I have since replaced the VLTOR with an LMT/Crane stock.
It a most reliable weapon.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I needed, thanks M4Madness. I am sending a MO tommorrow for a Colt CAR stock. Very nice PCcurtis the Crane and Vltor stocks look positively evil, but I like the look of the simple CAR stock. I am trying to recreate this:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top