Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 12:30:00 PM EDT
As the title suggests does the bolt in the picture below look like an LMT enhanced bolt? From what I have seen online it only does in color but it does not have dual extraction springs and the coating is chipped off.

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2759/bolt7cs.th.jpg

Click the above thumbnail for full size pic or this link here www.crazychuckster.net/bolt.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  The extractor is the wrong shape.  The LMT flares out at the end to cover the dual springs.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Feedingcannibal has it correct,
I agree it's not LMT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Might be a Colt's, don't look right though, finish is to matte looking.  A factory original Colt chrome bolt is marked P or MP depending on the age.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The finish looks like the bolt that came with my m16 carrier from Bravo Co.  which I beleive is LMT assembled from a contract manufacturer.  Standard extractor so its a standard AR bolt
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It has no markings on it at all so I am bewildered myself. I am waiting to hear back from the company that I got it from and will go from there.

Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Nope.  I have both an LMT "enhanced" and an LMT hard-chromed bolt.  This one might be the latter.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
No P and or M then not Colt's or USGI.  I know close to nothing about non USGI AR stuff, but I did notice something interesting about that bolt.  It is machined like 1960's and 1970's GI bolts with that diagonal cut in the bolt body from the bevel cut on the left side of the locking lugs.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#8]
For your reference..

This is LMT's Enhanced bolt

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#9]
That is definately not one of LMT's enhanced bolts.  As Ashooter said, it may be one of LMT's hard chromed bolts.  But, I've never seen one.  Here are a couple more pics of the enhanced bolt.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Curiousity got the better of me so I pulled my LMT hard-chromed bolt and looked at it compared to the BIG version of your pic.  If yours is LMT, it was done by an entirely different machinist than mine was.  Mine is markedly different.  Yours almost looks like mine would if it was bead-blasted before chrome plating.  The angles and edges on mine are a lot finer and more defined.

...and it just looks different somehow.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera or I'd post a pic.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks again for all the pics and responses everyone! I am positive this is just a plated standard bolt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top