Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 7:14:30 PM EDT

Seems that there is much less discussion of the magpul 93 stock.  Is it falling out of favor?  There were to be many accesories for it yet no significant ones have been released.  

Any info.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the M95 more of a precision-type stock?

I'd like to get a 93B, but it's just not quite high on the list yet. I have an optics purchase I'm saving for and after that, I'm done for awhile.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at a Tactical Response Tactical Rifle course this weekend and approximately 40% of the students were using a Magpul M93 stock.  I consistantly see the Magpul stocks (and several other Magpul products) in classes, matches, and at training.

After this weekends class, I know of more than a few guys that will be purchasing Magpul stocks.

I don't understand why things are so trendy on this site.  If more guys would attend training, shoot matches, etc. they would quickly learn what works for them and what does not.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
i still love all of mine
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh baby, I love my M93.  I'm drooling in anticipation of the M95.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with USMC03.  People usually shed the goofy and unnecessary gears after a class, it's a safe place to put your weapons through the paces.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
M93B is out just a little while ago, M95 is just around the bend. There have been a number of accessories released. I can think of no less than 4 different sling mounts, strike plate, aluminum brackets for strength on M93A models, cheek risers on the way. About the only thing they were going to do but havent is battery storage.

Best update I can give is Magpul stuff rocks (still).

Wasn't Rich considering a rubber buttplate as well?

Justin
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll have to agree w/ USMC03 as well.  People do tend to move from Gucci Brand to Gucci Brand w/o actually worrying much about whether or not it works best for them.  That being said, I love my M93 (original version).  I'd like to upgrade it eventually with the parts from Magpul.  It's ugly as shit, but man do I like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I never like the stock personally and I tried it a couple times.  The thing is made perfectly and is a true step forward it just wasn't something that worked for me better than the vltor/crane and perhaps I am just so used to those.  I do however, own tons of other magpul products and they all rock.

I think the MIAD is the best grip out there hands down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't understand why things are so trendy on this site.  If more guys would attend training, shoot matches, etc. they would quickly learn what works for them and what does not.

Well said.

I still don't understand the krink on anything longer then a 10.5/11 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Is suppose that is the point - the much greater cost of the MAGPUL does not seem to provide justifiable enhancements over the VLTOR.  I have triedn them all but tend toward the VLTOR since it does have the battery storage capability.  Will this ever be corrected in the MAGPUL?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]

strike plate, aluminum brackets for strength on M93A models

With due respect to new-arguy who's opinion is to be well respected, it seems that these features are corrections to the original design rather than "accesories" per se.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I never like the stock personally and I tried it a couple times.  The thing is made perfectly and is a true step forward it just wasn't something that worked for me better than the vltor/crane and perhaps I am just so used to those.  I do however, own tons of other magpul products and they all rock.

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:42:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Heck yes, MIAD is AWESOME.  Def  my favorite grip...I think anything produced by Magpul will fit the bill if it suits you.  Magpul products are so well thought out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#16]
The M93 is a great stock in any flavor (A or B).  I use Magpul stocks on all of my builds.  The MIAD grip is also one of the best AR-15 accessories out there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd have gotten the MIAD but at the time it seemed like I didn't need any more things on my rifle to play with.  The A2 grip has always worked fine for me, but I wanted some battery storage for if/when I got a light and an Eotech or Aimpoint, so I got a TDI pistol grip.  I have an extra carbine lower so I will probably buy a MIAD and compare the two.

I did, however, pick up a M93B; the consistent cheek weld and the solid construction were attractions.   I'm not buying another rifle lower for the forseeable future (I can't see why I would need another one) so the expense seemed justified.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
The SOPMOD came out after the magpul, and it is an excellent alternative for a CQB type gun. I still prefer the Magpul for prone shooting.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not trendy. I'll keep my M93 thanks.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#22]
I have the M93, and I don't like it.

It's rock solid and the cheekweld is comfortable; however, the buttplate is uncomfortable to me. I've fired the SOPMOD and feel it's much more comfortable. Given the sturdiness of the SOPMOD, not as sturdy as the M93 but good enough for combat, so comfort wins out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Seems that there is much less discussion of the magpul 93 stock.  Is it falling out of favor?  There were to be many accesories for it yet no significant ones have been released.  

Any info.

I think you're wrong. Its one of the most popular stocks out there. The lack of accessories means nothing. It works right the first time without accessories.

What exactly is it you want to see for it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I love mine, too! In fact, as far as I'm concerned, there is no other option.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I love mine, too! In fact, as far as I'm concerned, there is no other option.

classweb.coloradotech.edu/~molsen/my%20pictures/Magpul%20M93B.JPG

nice lookin camo!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Out of favor no. But apparently, see the thread in the AR discussions forum, they are now out of production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top