Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:02:39 PM EDT
hello, this is my third post and i have a question?-i just bought two new rifles(olympic-k3b)&(bush-carbine) both new ,are they good rifles? any hints before i go to the range,ammo,cleaning tips?
thank guys
drice
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

To check any troubles of your brand of firearm go check in the Troubleshooting Forum.

Your Bushmaster might need a taller front sight, bring one just in case. Don't forget to bring a front sight adjustment tool, well if you don't a bullet tip works fine.

Check and make sure you have oiled the moving parts.

Bring plenty of different brands of ammo if possible to see which brand of ammo your guns prefers.

After your range trip, clean the inside of your bolt carrier and remove all carbon deposits.

Use copper solvent in your bores to remove copper residue, clean-lube everything and coat your guns with Break Free CLP or similar brands.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
they are good, the bushy is most likely better built

before you go out and shoot give the riflr/carbine a light lubing

Are they carbines or 20" or one of each?

Congrats and have fun!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
they are both carbines,i wanted one to shoot and one to put toys on.i had a ol-plinker for my first
ar but it was (cast) and shoot like a dog,but the k3b has a nice finish. first thing i am going to do is
get rid of the ugly carbine stock-looking into the ace shorty stock.
thanks
drice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top