Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 12:24:17 PM EDT
This may be a dumb question, but my chrome lined Bushmaster M4 barrel is nowhere near as shiny inside as my MAK-90.  What gives??
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If the barrel is new its not polished out to a mirror finish yet via wear from bullets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, my AK was purchased used, and the Bushmaster is new. Guess that explains it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received my chrome lined Stag Arms AR. The chrome does not look even close to my AK or my chromed ARCUS 9mm. My AK and ARCUS are shinning and the AR is dull grey. The only witness of the chrome lined is that there is a grey ring at chamber opening when look from the chamber. Is this how chrome lined AR suppose to be? Really make me wonder!

Hank
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just received my chrome lined Stag Arms AR. The chrome does not look even close to my AK or my chromed ARCUS 9mm. My AK and ARCUS are shinning and the AR is dull grey. The only witness of the chrome lined is that there is a grey ring at chamber opening when look from the chamber. Is this how chrome lined AR suppose to be? Really make me wonder!

Hank

That's how my chrome lined AR barrel looks.  Seems to be the norm.  My barrel has started to polish up nicely after a few magazines.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
It will polish up to a mirror finish, shine a flashlight inside the bore.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent an e-mail to Stag Arms last night and got a reply this morning. This is a copy and paste of what they say:

"Yes, the look of the barrel you received is the normal look of the chrome finish for our AR15 type barrels. The chrome is not polished and will not polish itself over time."

I guess they know what they are doing!? Just a little weird to me.

Hank

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The bore will polish.  The non contact areas will not.  This is 100% normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top