Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 5:19:40 PM EDT
Hahaha,  if only I had gotten the phantom/Vortex option earlier...

Anyways, I purchased a LMT M4 upper from legal-transfers on the EE (4 days shipping, great price, w00t) and took after a few trips to the range i've got the mod bug... I want to install, or have a phantom flash hider installed. What are my options? Has anyone had this problem before also?

It's a 14.5" with A2 "permanently" attached.

Edit: After doing some calling, it turns out I have a 16" with M4 cutsand that my flashhider is actually removable, yay!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with ADCO or GTS to see about getting things switched out.

BTW, the A2 FS does not bring a 14.5" barrel to legal length.  Be careful, if you don't own an SBR.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
HOLY CRAP! You just made me poo my pants, the ATF is gonna kick my ass!

haha, j/k I measured my barrel from the barrel extension (where the lugs are) I have 17", without the extension i still have more then 16"... I hope i'm in the green, and will be calling legal transfers tommorow, regarding the legality of my transfer, zing!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The proper way to measure this is when the barrel is assembled and the bolt closed, measure from the bolt face to the end of the permanent flash hider. Drop a rod down the barrel, mark where the end of the FH is, pull the rod out and measure. You cannot measure the barrel extension. The A2 is about 1/4 inch too short.

Lynn
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The proper way to measure this is when the barrel is assembled and the bolt closed, measure from the bolt face to the end of the permanent flash hider. Drop a rod down the barrel, mark where the end of the FH is, pull the rod out and measure. You cannot measure the barrel extension. The A2 is about 1/4 inch too short.

Lynn

100% correct
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top