Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 9:11:03 AM EDT
I had most of the pieces of this build but was waiting for the Phantom and DPMS action block. I couldn't wait so I hacked the required clearance into my Brownells block, notpics of that since I did it with a 1/2 drill bit.

The final result:

A shot down broadway. It took about 4 test fits to get the barrel nut in postion for the rails to line up.

The LMT was not parked under the FSB nor was the FSB parked behind the hand guard cap. I just used a big ol sharpie to blacken the back of the FSB. Also on  the barrel where the hand guard cap used to be, there is now gap since the cap is removed. The FSB pins on the LMT are straight pins and came out easily.

Overall, impressed with the quality of the LaRue. Somewhat dissapointed with the LMT not being parked under the FSB. Comparing my 2 LMT uppers with my CMMG upper, the fit and finish is pretty equal, with the slight nod going to CMMG. Both are very nice.

Thanks to The Tactical Solution for LMT upper and G&R Tactical for the LaRue.

Edit to add, sorry about the piss poor pics, no flash, batts were going dead!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
lookin' good!!

Thanks Paul. I haven't decided what to do with the upper from you.

Maybe a 9.0 or longer....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Please don't take this like me trying to rain on your parade, but do NFA rules apply for doing what you did?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Please don't take this like me trying to rain on your parade, but do NFA rules apply for doing what you did?

Yes, this could be an SBR, but I will per permenately attaching a phantom FH as soon as I get it. As you can see in the pix, there is no muzzle device installed yet. I could also put it on a pistol lower but that would be pretty funky.

I drill and tap the FH for a 6-32 set screw and drill a divot in the barrel threads to match. Then install the FH, tighten the set screw, TIG weld over the set screw and touch up the finish. I've don this twice already on other builds.

Anyway, this has been covered a number of times on this forum and I'm not a newbie. Thanks for your thought and concern.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top