Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 3:14:10 AM EDT
i have an armakite m15a2 cb  midlength......

the stock on it just dont feel right to me.....

i was thinking of one of the ACE stocks

or a regular a2 full stock...........

or any other suggestion  would be great.......

i think a full length is what i want as with the short one i have now
when i look through the sights it seams "not natural"

the ace socom goes to 9.5 in which is same as a2 full stock "right? "

this is my first ar i just got it a month ago"22yrs ive been waiting"...

i am an ar noob so bear with me please

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
with the three listed i would go with either the a2 or the full length skeleton
i had two of the socom stocks and though when locked solid so there was no more "adjustable" capabilites it was a solid stock! but if left as a collapsable stock then it sucked big time!

mounted on a regular carbine and the other on a .50 beowulf it seared the little cam thing that locked the stock into position. the recoil would cause the cam to spin and jam itself rendering the stock uncollapsable without the use of an allen wrench which was used to dis-assemble the latch assy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i had two of the socom stocks and though when locked solid so there was no more "adjustable" capabilites it was a solid stock! but if left as a collapsable stock then it sucked big time!

mounted on a regular carbine and the other on a .50 beowulf it seared the little cam thing that locked the stock into position. the recoil would cause the cam to spin and jam itself rendering the stock uncollapsable without the use of an allen wrench which was used to dis-assemble the latch assy.

Did you post anything about that in the collapsable stock thread? I ordered one of the M4 socoms from someone in the EE based on positive stuff I had read about it.  I guess I do tend to leave my stock one length once I have it where I want it, but I hope I won't be disappointed in the stock.  I don't have a Beowulf, so maybe this won't be a problem.   We'll see what happens....
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
how about the tub stocks???

i like the look of those but are they durable??

and do they work well?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]
What's on there now, an M4 type adjustable?

For 16" middies, I suggest and A1 length fixed stock. It's a very good fit both in balance and aesthetically. Just a very comfortable length AR wise.

The best option in that category is a Colt "CS" marked version. Basically it's an A2 stock (materials and quality wise) but A1 length. Only down side is good luck finding one.

The easiest to find option would be a Caverly Arms C1 stock. Vltor makes fixed version of their stock in A1 length but that looks kind of goofy to me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

a1 stock huh..........now would i have to replace the tube also?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for any type of collapsable stock, yes
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you post anything about that in the collapsable stock thread? I ordered one of the M4 socoms from someone in the EE based on positive stuff I had read about it.  I guess I do tend to leave my stock one length once I have it where I want it, but I hope I won't be disappointed in the stock.  I don't have a Beowulf, so maybe this won't be a problem.   We'll see what happens....

im pretty sure i did, i had the problem with both the one mounted on the beowulf and the carbine. i tend to leave it in one position as well and even then it would force itself to change position searing the cam pin.

im sure ace would have made it right but ended up giving the stocks away.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a adjustable type on there now then yes but as eklikwhoa pointed out, you are going to have to do that with just about any stock you get. If you go to an A1 or A2, you will also need a different spring and buffer.

You can always sell your current stock on the EE to recoup some of the costs if you wish.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a adjustable type on there now then yes but as eklikwhoa pointed out, you are going to have to do that with just about any stock you get. If you go to an A1 or A2, you will also need a different spring and buffer.

You can always sell your current stock on the EE to recoup some of the costs if you wish.

well he said he has an a1 stock on there, correct?  if thats the case the full length ace stock will just slide on there and there will be no need to replace the tube. the a1 is the same as the a2 iirc with the a2 adding the spacer.

you will have to replace the buffer and spring accordingly to what stock you get.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well he said he has an a1 stock on there, correct?  if thats the case the full length ace stock will just slide on there and there will be no need to replace the tube. the a1 is the same as the a2 iirc with the a2 adding the spacer.

you will have to replace the buffer and spring accordingly to what stock you get.

no i have the colapasable stock
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I loves me some Ace stocks. ARFX or an M4 SOCOM.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't doubt eklikwhoa's experiences, but we've sold dozens of the SOCOM's (and all the Ace products) and  have no real issues to report overall. If you have a problem with your .50 after using it give them a call - they are normally very helpful and make good products.

I've purchased two ACE stocks from RustyTX, an ARFX and a SOCOM long.

I am well pleased with both.

As soon as he gets his stock replenished, I'm going to order 2 more SOCOMs, one long and one short.

I hope they come in soon. I have two lonely lowers just sitting there waiting.

viator
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Love my M4SOCOM...Gonna buy an ACE folding kit for me AK.
M4SOCOM to me is as rigid as a full regular stock - solid solid solid  Woudn't own another stock.

D
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#16]
If you're considering an adjustable stock check this thread out.

Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you".

Matt_B gets wood everytime his thread's "read" count increases.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#17]
ive been lookin all day and i think ive decided on the ace full tube stock any

imput here would be great.........

how big of a deal is it to replace the tube?

other than field stripping it i have no clue

any special tools?

or drilling or machineing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top