Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:09:30 AM EDT
Are the newer KAC rail covers only marked "Knights Armament"?  I see these for sale now.

I know the older ones were marked "Knights Armament"  and "Vero Beach, FL" on them.  I have these.

Any way to tell if a KAC rail cover is real or a knock off?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]
The older ones I have are smooth like the old Colt A2 handguards, with shiny metal clips, they are engraved:
Knight's Armament
Vero Beach, FL
(407) 562-5697
(don't call that number, it's been changed.  Don't ask me how I know )

The newer ones I have got textured surface, and the metal clip is dull black.  Engraved:
Knight's Armament
Vero Beach, FL
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The older ones I have are smooth like the old Colt A2 handguards, with shiny metal clips, they are engraved:
Knight's Armament
Vero Beach, FL
(407) 562-5697
(don't call that number, it's been changed.  Don't ask me how I know )

The newer ones I have got textured surface, and the metal clip is dull black.  Engraved:
Knight's Armament
Vero Beach, FL

You are correct. I have a bunch of both the oler smooth ones and the newer textured ones. Marked exactly as you describe.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I did some searching in the archives.

Someone said that only the 11-rib panels are marked with "Knights Armament"with "Vero Beach, FL" under that and that the smaller panels are only maked "Knights Armament".

I checked mine and that does seem to be the case with mine.

ETA: Mine have the dull clip and textured surfaces.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are the newer KAC rail covers only marked "Knights Armament"?  I see these for sale now.

I know the older ones were marked "Knights Armament"  and "Vero Beach, FL" on them.  I have these.

When we stopped cutting-down 11-Rib panels and started molding them to individual length because of Army volumne demands, "Vero Beach" was not included with the newer molds because we were moving to Titusville, Florida.
I just walked back to the molding machine area, and the 11-Ribs coming off machine #2 are out of an older mold that still molds-in "Vero Beach."
However, machine #4 is being set-up with a newer 11-Rib mold that only molds-in "Knight's Armament." So some 11's out there will not have the Vero Beach element either.
The glass fiber reinforcement component of the special polymer we use has an abrasive effect on the molding dies, and eventually they either need re-work or complete replacement.  So changes will most likely be made in the future as well.
My advice to ensure receiving the "real deal" is to buy from our dealers like MSTN, CFI,  J&T. or Operation Parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When we stopped cutting-down 11-Rib panels and started molding them to individual length because of Army volumne demands, "Vero Beach" was not included with the newer molds because we were moving to Titusville, Florida.
I just walked back to the molding machine area, and the 11-Ribs coming off machine #2 are out of an older mold that still molds-in "Vero Beach."
However, machine #4 is being set-up with a newer 11-Rib mold that only molds-in "Knight's Armament." So some 11's out there will not have the Vero Beach element either.
The glass fiber reinforcement component of the special polymer we use has an abrasive effect on the molding dies, and eventually they either need re-work or complete replacement.  So changes will most likely be made in the future as well.
My advice to ensure receiving the "real deal" is to buy from our dealers like MSTN, CFI,  J&T. or Operation Parts.

Thanks Coldblue!

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#7]
mine read

Knight's Armamint
Xiaochang, PROC

is that the real deal?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
mine read

Knight's Armamint
Xiaochang, PROC

is that the real deal?

Those were from a special group buy and are highly collectible.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
mine read

Knight's Armamint
Xiaochang, PROC

is that the real deal?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
mine read

Knight's Armamint
Xiaochang, PROC

is that the real deal?

Those were from a special group buy and are highly collectible.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#11]
my A.R.M.S. #40L has a duck instead of a swan on it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top