Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 6:34:40 PM EDT
What are your opinions of the lightweight YHM freefloat quadrails? What about the standard weight? Thanks for your info and opinions.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it alot. You will need rail covers if you will be gripping it else you will quickly discover it has many sharp corners. Its pretty light I think.

nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/guns/DCP_1900.jpg

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]

I like it it is super light for a 12" rail.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For the money, they are sure hard to beat.  

+1 "they are sure hard to beat"...
Ive used the YHM heavy FF and had only one complaint about it,  the weight was pretty noticeable, especially on my HBAR... Ive since switched to the light weight version and have no complaints what so ever...
I now choose to use YHM lightweights on all my quad rail builds... YHM price and quality keeps me coming back for more...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using the carbine length LW FF and I love it.  Definately use the blue loctite as advised by many on this site.  I have the M900 vertical grip light mounted and it's held up nicley under FA fire.  It's really compact/light weight/cheap/solid.  What more can a guy ask for..............
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
What exactly needed to be done to install these, ie. remove barrel, remove front sight, d-ring, or any special tools?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
to make things easier get the yhm lock ring tool, makes tightening the lock ring easier.

heres mine

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#8]
How did you line the free-float up with the upper rail? I think mine's canted.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the YHM a good choice for non-FF as well as FF?  If I'm not ultra-picky on accuracy in a 14.5" (+ FS) carbine, is non-FF okay?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
eklikwhoa
Was there a reason you didnt get one of the $3 sling swivles for your bipod to mount? Do they not work with the harris? Also can the lock ring be done with the regular barrel wrench or other too? I hate to pay $30 for something only to be used once or twice.

ROUGH
Mine will look almost exactly like that after it is all said and done. I like the rail covers like that and have ones sort of like it on my mp5 rail system. They will end up going on my AR I think.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered some at Eagle firearms and they will install them free Ya hooo!!! And they were only $87.00.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Is the YHM a good choice for non-FF as well as FF?  If I'm not ultra-picky on accuracy in a 14.5" (+ FS) carbine, is non-FF okay?

Yes...

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the 2 piecs standard non ff set.  It is pretty heavy, much heavier than my DD 9.5

I would like to check out the lightweight FF.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Bridge across the receiver and rail system with a carry handle or something like that.  Tighten that down, then tighten the tube lock nut.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Foxxz

Bridge across the receiver and rail system with a carry handle or something like that.  Tighten that down, then tighten the tube lock nut.

i used a carry handle along with an arms rail extender #38s-ex and a lot of remove and reinstall to get it near perfect
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:12:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
eklikwhoa
Was there a reason you didnt get one of the $3 sling swivles for your bipod to mount? Do they not work with the harris? Also can the lock ring be done with the regular barrel wrench or other too? I hate to pay $30 for something only to be used once or twice.

the little studs arent rugged enough imo to be mounting a bipod especially since the forearm is shaped like some stocks so there is less support.  probably wouldnt be as solid either.

the barrel nut can be installed with a std barrel wrench as long as it has the pegs and the lock ring would need the yhm tool which would simplify the install or you could use a hammer and punch/flat screwdriver
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top