Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 11:33:07 AM EDT
This was my previous setup on a postban lower and faux carbine stock.  I recently moved the upper to a preban PWA lower with a CMT M4 type II stock.  Upper is RRA, barrel is BM 14.5" w/AK brake, KAC RIS, Eotech 552E, Larue mount, and Larue BUIS.

I have been wanting to get the M93B and MIAD for some time now.  The Chip McCormick 2 stage was something I've been intrigued with and threw that into the order just to try out.  Kudos to dennysguns for feeding the addiction.  My intention is to use the RRA upper until I can buildup my version of the RECCE upper down the road.

The M93B has the strike plate and sling loop.  I'm a left handed shooter, and was disappointed the sling loop interferes with the forward assist if mounted for left hand.  I ran a KAC ambidextrous QD mount  for single point slings with the Colt stock and liked that alot.  Maybe I'll have to settle for one of those QD mounts on the reinforcement plates and do a 3 point configuration.  The M93B overall is the robust.  I'm still getting use to it as it has a different feel than my SOPMOD and VLTOR stocks.  The stock lined up perfectly with the .050" shim, however I was forced to use the the .035" shim cause the gap for the sling loop between the two claw locks was too tight.

The MIAD is one of those items I wonder why I didn't buy it sooner.  My preference is to use the F4 front strap and B2 back strap.  The only problem I encountered was the grip screw alignment.  If I relied on the unaltered factory hole on the MIAD, the F4's built in trigger guard would not secure properly to the trigger guard detent, and there would be a small gap where the grip mates with the receiver.  It would come up short by 1/16".  So I secured the F4 strap first, determined how much I had to enlarge the hole for the supplied grip screw to achieve proper angle for securing the screw.  I used my Dremel to mill out going towards the rear of the gun.  Viola, fits perfectly now.  Aside from this minor setback, I am thinking of getting more of these grips.  At least for any future builds.

Here is the McCormick 2 stage curved trigger pack installed in the gun with the KNS pins and screws.  Let me tell you, installation was way too simple.  Forget using the supplied pins and C clips.  I always wondered when someone would offer a drop in trigger pack like the HK rifles.  I have a set of KAC in another lower, and the LMT equivalent in a parts box.  For the price, the McCormick is the way to go.

Comments?  Anyone else have minor problem putting these components together?

Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
sweet!  i was thinking about trying out there single stage trigger... hope i can try one before i buy it though... my bud has the 2 stage and its the best trigger i've ever felt in an AR
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!

I loved the feel of the stock PWA trigger.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
sweet rifle!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered my second MIAD. Remember MagPul makes the stand alone trigger guard too, so you don't have to worry quite so much about the fit.  

With and without the built in trigger guard, the MIAD Fit both of my Bushmasters just fine. In my case I put the grip in place, then secured the front of the trigger guard, and screwed down the grip.

When the second one shows up it will be on my AR with the MagPul trigger guard already installed. I like the B2 but the B3 works better for me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice AR, I agree that the CMC trigger pack feels great, my buddy and I both want one, as well as my Dad.

Mr. Fitzpatrick blows me away yet again.  I have never seen a company/company leader so eager to interact w/ customers.  He even suggested I buy a stock other than his own once, instead of buying another of his.  

So I can keep this on topic, I had no real problems putting the MIAD on a Double Star lower, but I think a buddy of mine had trouble (can't remember which lower though).  I'll try putting mine on one of my Stags or BM or something else laying around the house sometime soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I love those robot legs
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm a left handed shooter, and was disappointed the sling loop interferes with the forward assist if mounted for left hand.  I ran a KAC ambidextrous QD mount  for single point slings with the Colt stock and liked that alot.  Maybe I'll have to settle for one of those QD mounts on the reinforcement plates and do a 3 point configuration.

Magpul has made a few prototype receiver QD sling mounts which work just like the KAC version. I've posted a pic of one of the ones I have in the tacked collapsible stock thread. I don't know what the production status is on them so I would call Magpul directly to find out.

The ones I have work very well and I wouldn't part with them for love or money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top