Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 3:15:15 PM EDT
has anybody recieved a shrike yet? has anybody seen one other than a gun show or display?
inquiring minds want to know............
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Long story short,
Shrike = Vaporware

Short story long,
Anything by Charles Dickens. . . .
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine ran off with BigFoot but they do exist.....REALLY
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
More than 3 years after I put in my deposit I'm still waiting
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Why dosen't somebody sue Ares?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why dosen't somebody sue Ares?

because they are hoping on a dream.......that's how most scams work.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Supposedly some industry insiders/buddies of Ares got theirs but signed "non-disclosure agreements" which is BS since they would have to have agreed to the sign the non disclosure agreement when they first placed the order for it to be binding.

Non desclosure can be signed anytime, especialy in a case where development secrets were actually disclosed via the hardware, and they can't talk about it when it's finely in their hands.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have seen the system and it is a great piece of never ending engineering, and the worst marketing.
I don't blame anyone for going after their money. A class action would be the best way if those who invested wanted to be re-imburst.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A class action would be the best way if those who invested wanted to be re-imburst.

True

edit well more like if they want to get back $ .25 on the dollar but help some nice lawyers make their yacht payments the way class actions usually end up working.

The contract may not say anything about a non desclosure agreement, and at that time one was prob. not contemplated. However, the contract most likely did advise that it was a development item and that was understood since money was put down as a deposite towards a purchase date to be determined on a product to be finished.
If you werte offered a product, but refused to sign the non desclosure, then your money should be refunded, but that would depend on the contract wordage.
I am betting that there are patent issues beyond the development aspects, and if a non-desclosure was not signed, then it becomes public information, then that would blow the patent out of the water.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A class action would be the best way if those who invested wanted to be re-imburst.

The best way would be to just ask Ares for the deposit back.  I have yet to hear of anyone not getting their $$ back after asking.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#14]
They do not seem to keep their word to an awfull lot of people, just promises promises. It is the damndest dumb inept amature way of doing business that I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#15]
i waited 9 months for a super match m1a, but the wait on the shrikes is
or should i say a pipe dream.....well thanks for all the replies guys....
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Supposedly some industry insiders/buddies of Ares got theirs but signed "non-disclosure agreements" which is BS since they would have to have agreed to the sign the non disclosure agreement when they first placed the order for it to be binding.

Non desclosure can be signed anytime, especialy in a case where development secrets were actually disclosed via the hardware, and they can't talk about it when it's finely in their hands.

If I contract with you for you to provide me a gun widget and I pay you for it up front and you do not initially demand that I sign a non disclosure agreement at the time of the initial sale, you have no ability to require me to later sign a non-disclosure agreement before delivering me the gun widget. If you try to add an additional term of "Oh and you have to sign this non-disclosure agreement before I will give you the widget" before delivery, I refuse to sign, you refuse to deliver, I sue you for breach of contract and you get a cashectomy.

If I had paid for a shrike in the beginning, Ares would not be able to later add an additional requirement that I sign a nondisclosure agreement before giving me the shrike that I already paid for.

You could not be forced to sign one but if you did on your own accord it would be binding.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I have it on good authority that a total of 3 Shrikes have been shipped to end users.  They were delivered to Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and a male-affectionate, easy to get along with, non-political agenda lesbian.

(yes, I watched Chasing Amy recently)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I contract with you for you to provide me a gun widget and I pay you for it up front and you do not initially demand that I sign a non disclosure agreement at the time of the initial sale, you have no ability to require me to later sign a non-disclosure agreement before delivering me the gun widget. If you try to add an additional term of "Oh and you have to sign this non-disclosure agreement before I will give you the widget" before delivery, I refuse to sign, you refuse to deliver, I sue you for breach of contract and you get a cashectomy.

If I had paid for a shrike in the beginning, Ares would not be able to later add an additional requirement that I sign a nondisclosure agreement before giving me the shrike that I already paid for.

You could not be forced to sign one but if you did on your own accord it would be binding.

May I take this moment to remind you all that the penguin is, IIRC, a lawyer...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top