Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:25:52 AM EDT
I've read in a couple of posts here that this system (link here:http://www.cobb50.com/mcr.htm) is now available for civilian sale.  Seems like this Cobb rifle was in the running for the SCAR program but was not a finalist (?).

Anybody have one, or shot one?  It's an interesting concept and I like the looks of it (but the $3,000 MSRP--not so much).

Thanks for any info you can provide here.

Will

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#1]
"Anyone...anyone...Bueller..."

Seriously, somebody here's gotta have the skinny on these?  Hook a brother up!

Will
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, since no one here chimed in I went right to the source to see what I could find out.  I emailed Cobb and was told that the rifles are "backordered", and that I should call back in March of 2006 (!) to get an update.  Not exactly sure why the "backorder", given what I've read about the current SCAR situation, but I'm certainly not in the know on that stuff so who knows.  

I'm still not sure why it's been reported elsewhere at ARFcom as being available now, since it appears not to be, but maybe some units did get out on the market previously?  

Still curious...

Will

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking at the possibility of purchasing one of these so I had my FFL contact them directly.  I was told for money up front I would receive the lower in approx 3 weeks, mags and bipod a couple weeks later and lastly the upper arrives in about 3 months.

I'd love to jump on this but for that kind of bread what guarantee do I have that they'll come through?  Anybody have experience with this company or their products?  Thanks

-Scott
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Cobb was offering free 2005 calendars back in april. I'm still waiting for mine....
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The guys from Cobb are excellent people and I've yet to hear of anyone having issues with the company.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Cobb was offering free 2005 calendars back in april. I'm still waiting for mine....

Mine came within a few days.  I've spoken with the owner on several occasions, and feel he is a good guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top