Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:16:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It's OK I suppose.  Realistically it does not matter much to me what is on the side (I last bought a Stag) but rather quality and price.

Good luck.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
looks pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
looks pretty cool but like said above the price and finish are most important
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]

I hear Stag is a quality lower... but unless I could get one for a dramatic steal of a price, I'd never own one.  Animals on the side of a AR lower to me seems very out of place.  (Including a goofy horse!) Bushmaster already has an ugly snake... that might actually cause some confusion.. maybe even in a broad and extreme reach... some unwanted attention from their lawyers... or even Dodge for that matter.  They get very possessive of anything that can remotely appear to be a stolen idea.  Just a thought!!!  YMMV

Not that I can give you a better idea.  A logo really does not add anything to a lower... what counts is a consistent level of overall quality and a fair price. THAT is what I think will sell... quality/price combo... logo is just something to spend time and money on in production design... that for the money spent really adds nothing to the bottom line.  I'd go with something simple if a logo was a must.  Something meaningful to you personally, if you feel the need to logo your lower.

Just my opinion... and only because you ask.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
DasRonin summed it up pretty well, so...

I can only add that I, as a consumer, get tired of animals as logos.

Have you tried working out a graphic element with RBP ?

also, new mfrs. need to start using semi instead of fire ...
it's always nice to know there's "potential"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, since you asked for my opinion, here ya go.  No matter what logo you pick some people will like and others not.  For me, I don't like logos on my guns.  For example, I like CMT's quality and price.  I will buy their uppers, but not the lowers because of the stupid deer head.  Regardless of the guys here that say it doesn't matter, I think it looks stupid, so I won't buy it when there are alternatives.
I really don't have an opinion on the logo, but you really hit a home run by having the option of no logo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats on the FFL.

As for the lowers.. Maybe it's just me, but I think a lower looks cleaner and more professional when you have all the text and such on the left side of the magwell, instead of putting the additional line behind the bolt catch. I've kinda caught the aesthetic of the PWA/RRA lowers.

Actually, I really like the PWA styling. Maybe you could do RBP like in the PWA oval?

I don't really like logos.. but a roaring mouse would be funny (I'd buy one, at least...)!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Only constructive critisizm I have to offer is to change the font size of "RB PRECISION PREEMPTION IL" to the size of the Model/ Caliber.  Maybe slide it to the left a little as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#11]
My opinion is that the logo is a little oversized, should be reduced maybe to about 75% of your drawing.

The RBP inside the fangs looks out of place.

I agree also with the other suggestions that the font size of "RB PRECISION PREEMPTION IL" should be smaller.

The basic logo looks pretty good plus it's a good idea that it's optional.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes less is more.

The letters inside the fangs tend to disappear and just make clutter. YMMV

A snappy logo is a great idea, but offering a customer their choice of your logo or plain, may be the best marketing strategy yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:36:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I think it's a little odd to be honest.  Remember how the old RRA lowers were, with just the company name and location?  I think that's what you should do.  Something like this:

RB PRECISION
PREEMPTION, IL
RB-XXXXX
CAL. 5.56MM

I'm getting a bit tired of all the corporate symbols and what-not.  Less is more sometimes.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#14]
why not use the "mouse with the gun" graphic seen on parts of your website?  Personally, I think that would be pretty neat; and it's already associated with your company.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
why not use the "mouse with the gun" graphic seen on parts of your website?  Personally, I think that would be pretty neat; and it's already associated with your company.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
How bout something like this in cross hairs..? :)
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't care for animals as logos either.  Plain is sometimes better.  Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I too am tired of animals... how about the babe that is on all the truckers mudd flaps ?  My vote would go to her over all animals.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#19]
You know what I'd add? Where it says 5.56, I'd put one of those rolling number things, so you could just change the caliber displayed to your liking.

Seriously, I am not a big fan of the viper.  I looked at your website, and think that maybe the logo with the bullet going through it would be cool.  I can't say I've ever bought a lower because it looked super cool, but I might be discouraged from buying one with something more or less ubiquitous on it, like a snake.  I guess you could also argue the same for a bullet too, so remember, you can't please everyone.

The most important things, as mentioned before, are quality and pricing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Do you have other "logo" concepts that are different from that one?
There's already one snake in the gun grass with Bushmaster.

How about the Cobra (from GI Joe) emblem?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#21]
How about something similer to the British SAS logo and your slogan could be "for those who dare".  Just a thought.  By the way I have one of the FDCC lowers, very nice work.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#22]
How about a minuteman sillouette?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks like the head of the Cobra symbol from GI Joe minus the hood.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#24]
It's not a bad logo but I personally prefer something very simple like the old Rock Rver Arms logo or even the newer one.  

If you do keep it I would keep the letters in the fangs.

Good luck with it!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I can say this; it'd be hard to find a city with a better name for engraving on an AR15.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I think it's a little odd to be honest.  Remember how the old RRA lowers were, with just the company name and location?  I think that's what you should do.  Something like this:

RB PRECISION
PREEMPTION, IL
RB-XXXXX
CAL. 5.56MM

I'm getting a bit tired of all the corporate symbols and what-not.  Less is more sometimes.  MJD

+1, Simple is better. And with all the logos out there, a lower without one will stand out!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I am always amazed by people who won't buy a lower because of the freakin LOGO.  

But, as there are weirdos out there who care, a business must choose a logo that works.  

The snake head is a little too big.  

Otherwise, I like it.  

But, like I said, who cares?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
i'll buy a few with that logo! i always wanted to be a sniper for COBRA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RB PRECISION
PREEMPTION, IL
RB-XXXXX
CAL. 5.56MM

+1, Simple is better. And with all the logos out there, a lower without one will stand out!

+2
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#30]
IMO - simple is better and I would lose the animal theme.    

I would also leave the caliber off as many are looking for lowers for 6.8, 6.5, etc....  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Keep it simple  with a military/law enforcement flavor.  Multi caliber markings if the 6.8 spc takes
off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RB PRECISION
PREEMPTION, IL
RB-XXXXX
CAL. 5.56MM

+2

+3
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I just sold a brand new BM lower because I couldn't stand that cheesy snake. Bought a RRA instead, simple is good...very good. Whatever you decide, best of luck on yor new venture.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#34]
thought about it and i could care less
as long as they are cheap and good quality!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RB PRECISION
PREEMPTION, IL
RB-XXXXX
CAL. 5.56MM

I like this.  
+4
+4...this would look great.  

+2

+3

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#36]
got your flyer in the mail yesterday

plan to make use of the one lower inspection price and give it a good once over..................are they available yet?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#37]
My honest opionion is I'm also tired of the animal logos but if the quality and price are good, you will sell them. Logo is not what I first look at in purchasing a lower but if all things equal....I would not buy one with a big animal head on it!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Animal? Sure, if it's the flame throwing pig on Noveske's Krink seen on this page brake/flash hider

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Just use your cat holding the mouse logo.

or this:

But kidding aside, why another snake?  Especially one that looks similar to the dodge logo.  Maybe just RBP in clean letters with an oval or circle around it would be good. O rbetter yet, have the R and B in blocks engraved in nevative space, wiht Precisoion spelled out with a bullet piercing to the O.  Or maybe just the P next to the to blocks.  Those who know will know, and those who don't will want to find out.

Or maybe a medalion in the shape of a lion's head:

Or maybe of an eagle

I took all these off the internet using the google image search and most probably have copywrite restrictions, but it's a source for ideas.  Another route for logo ideas would be to check out military patches or scifi stuff....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#40]
SAFE - SEMI - SHTF

Everything else looks good
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Oooo....I like that Imperial Eagle. Must be the German in me.

I like Dragonfly's sugguestion of the RB (in blocks) and Precision engraved, too. That would look classy.

I recently bought a Superior receiver from you and I like the very simple engraving they feature. I really like how they don't have anything behind the bolt catch. So when I SBR a receiver it'll be this one, and that's where I'll put the stuff I have to put on it. That'll make a nice "finished" look to it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't like the snake head so much.  I'd only use it if it had something to do with other logos you use or if you've used it elsewhere, or if you have a motto regarding a snake.  To me, there isn't much difference between that and the Decepticon or Autobot logos...

I would rather have the Cobra from GI Joe Logo:

whatever you do, make sure the tips of the fangs can be colored in with CRAYON!!  kids need to be able to color the tips red and the fangs white!

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]

If you're going to keep the snake head you gotta' do that!  

I was bored while I was gone. Here's the result;

Maybe add an Imperial Eagle or Tom & Jerry between town name and model designation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#44]
just so you know, Bob & Krista, I wasn't making fun of you or your efforts, only the portion of the board who likes to color on their toys and not just in their coloring books...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#45]
K.I.S.S.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

If you're going to keep the snake head you gotta' do that!  

I was bored while I was gone. Here's the result;

img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/titan68/RBPrecision.jpg

Maybe add an Imperial Eagle or Tom & Jerry between town name and model designation.

I do like this idea. The logo with the name above would be great. Who is going to be making these for ya? Superior?

I think I'd definitely be down for one, no matter what logo

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Okay. It's going to be a looong night.  I to find something else to do.

Here's two more:

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I hate to say it, but I don't really like it.

I think that plain text would be cleaner and nicer looking, and if you must do a graphic, make it something small and inconspicuous.
Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I got to say I like bumbulbee_bob's first rendition of the lower more than most I hve seen I would deffinately by one as long as price is reasonable. The deer head on the stag arms definately bothers me.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I like it.
How much, what's the availability ?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top