Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 9:25:04 AM EDT
I've been gone for a long time but I was wondering if anything ever came of the KAC enhanced BCG?  I remember LMT came out with theirs (I have one) but never heard much more about the KAC at the time.  Anyone know?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been gone for a long time but I was wondering if anything ever came of the KAC enhanced BCG?  I remember LMT came out with theirs (I have one) but never heard much more about the KAC at the time.  Anyone know?

i never knew they were even coming out with one... besides... nothing is better than the mil-spec one
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
It only works with their (KAC's) barrel extension - the whole system was part of the "M4 E3" enhanced M4 carbine concept...

In other words, you wouldn't be able to buy just the enhanced bolt/carrier and make it work with your or standard M4 barrel extensions.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It only works with their (KAC's) barrel extension - the whole system was part of the "M4 E3" enhanced M4 carbine concept...

In other words, you wouldn't be able to buy just the enhanced bolt/carrier and make it work with your or standard M4 barrel extensions.

Hope this helps,
Clint

i'm suprised you haven't seen more of this from other companies.. if someone would make a lockup thats accurate but a little more tolerant to external conditions.. that'd be great.. all you would have to change is the bolt and extension... and i guess the carrier too... but how cool would that be...

even though i have nothing to complain about with the current system... i've personally never had a jam
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
LMT and LW both have improved bolts.  Dont know how many more compaies can compete in that market.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahh, thats right I forgot about the KAC one being used with the bbl extension.  I thought they were coming up with one that was just a drop in mod as well.  I remember KevinB (I think) posting the pics.

The LMT and LW are the same BCG aren't they?  From personal experience the LMT enhanced one I have has never failed and I tortured it without cleaning to see how long it would perform.  I ended up cleaning it before it ever failed so I dont know.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top