Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 9:40:05 PM EDT
Why is it so hard to identify the mfgr of an upper? I have a Bushie M4 w/a front sight tower that was out of whack, so I sent the upper in to have it re-indexed. BM said it wasn't theirs and charged me for the reindexing. When I got it back, I checked the upper but can't find any markings on it. I bought used and assumed that since the lower said BM the upper must be BM too. Silly me. An wisdom you all can pass to this newbie is appreciated.

Thanks, Cheers
Slurpie
USN(AD)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you look for markings on the barrel, they would be found either under the hand guards or the muzzle side of the front sight?
What type of upper receiver is it? Flat top or carry handle?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:22:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never removed the handguards...don't have one of those special tools, but probably ought to invest in one. It has a detachable (A4?) carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster barrels are marked between the front sight tower and the muzzle.  You don't need to remove the handguards to verify a Bushmaster barrel.  Sounds like another FTF Industries scam off of Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have never removed the handguards...don't have one of those special tools, but probably ought to invest in one. It has a detachable (A4?) carry handle.

Just in case you want to try to identify the barrel and it doesn't have the markings between the front sight post and the muzzle, then you want to look under the hand guards to try and find what your looking for... You will need to pull back the spring loaded Delta Ring assembly to remove the hand guards. This can be done without a tool by one person, but more easily done by two people (one person to pull the ring back and the other to remove the HG's...
If there are no markings to be found, then I would say it is what I call a "Gun Show Barrel"...

The flat top receivers are usually marked on the side, just below the rail, or on the front, just above the gas tube hole...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bushmaster barrels are marked between the front sight tower and the muzzle.  You don't need to remove the handguards to verify a Bushmaster barrel.  Sounds like another FTF Industries scam off of Gunbroker.

+1

all of my bm uppers/bbls. have markings in front of the fsb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top