Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:07:03 PM EDT
I know it's almost impossible to identify the manufacturer of upper receiver, but I'm asking for intelligent opinions, speculations had
1. This a 'cerro'-like keyhole forge mark on the right side, but has no 3-dots inside the keyhole. T marks are pronounced and large white, and 'deeply' laser etched.
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2505/whitetmark3rx.jpg

2. This has no forge mark. T-mark are relatively smaller than above, and more lightly etched.
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/4368/smallertmark5mr.jpg

Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like cmt to me
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
REALLY hard to tell.

Actually, impossible.

Do they have M4 feed ramps?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't have them attached to a parent, factory rifle, it is really no use in asking.

I have absolutely no idea how anybody can say they look like CMT from the relatively poor pics provided.

The could be Bubba's Machine Shop just as easily as they could be CMT.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you don't have them attached to a parent, factory rifle, it is really no use in asking.

I have absolutely no idea how anybody can say they look like CMT from the relatively poor pics provided.

I know it would be like shooting at the moon hoping
I tried to compare a CMT image with the #1 upper, but the laser marks are relatively different...and NO M4 ramps either on both.

Another friend of mine commented that #1 was Bushmaster, but I have doubts.  

The lower one (#2) came with RRA barrel (midlength), but it didn't came as upper assembly, but as parts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
#1 DPMS

#2 CMT

my 0.02
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I compared my CMT upper to both pictures and it resembles the first picture the most.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
that top one was probably not laser etched, but just engraved and painted in.  I think I remember one dealer selling them non-colored for awhile about a year ago.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
My LAR upper reciever had NO paint.  The "T" markings where just ingraved.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#12]
The top reciever is sold by JT Distributing on there shaw barrels I don't know the manufacturer but its a good reciever. I put one of there uppers on a bushy lower, it shoots better than my colt. I also have a bushy carry handle that has the same key hole marking with the #9

Hey dave from BRAVO CO.
                                 Semper Fi ,brother
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#13]
neither of those are Stag/cmt uppers.  my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top