Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 7:39:46 AM EDT
Why?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#1]
To fit in a tapered (like most "assault cases" out there) rifle bag/case?  That's the only possible advantage that comes to mind immediately...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:46:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
To fit in a tapered (like most "assault cases" out there) rifle bag/case?  That's the only possible advantage that comes to mind immediately...

That's what I was thinking.  Admittedly, I bought one a year ago from Bushmaster (the locking one with the push button release).  I still wonder why I bought it.

I don't know what to do with it.  Using the gun with it folded is stupid.  It also makes no sense for storage....cause the pistol grip on your rifle sticks out just as far.

SO....my opinion is....

lol....is that the folding foregrip sucks.  Anyone want to add to my statement or argue it?

I may be missing something obvious here.  But I don't think so.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not?  Kidding!  I don't care for VFG's at all, but the folding one seems really dumb.  Just one other moving object that can break.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I just don't get the rational behind it.

Why does it have to fold?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never tried one on an AR, but I had a folding VFG on my Beretta Storm.  

Note the use of the past-tense had...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]
That's simple Hokie - they exist to prove Murphy's Law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top