Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:15:54 AM EDT
I just received a new LMT M16 bolt and carrier. The last one I purchased came with the nickel finish on the bolt:LMT nickel finish; towards bottom of page. Are all LMT bolts nickel finished? The one I received is marked with an "F" (FNMI) and also has brass marking on the bolt face (could this be from proof firing?) Just curious if this is a genuine LMT bolt/carrier.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My LMT M16 BCG has a nickle plated bolt assy without any markings.

My spare LMT standard BCG's bolt assy is not plated and have the F marking.

The F marking is a date code per the other LMT owners replies in previous threads.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

So, are the M16 BCGs supposed to come with the nickel plated bolt?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks very genuine.

LMT bolts have had a variety of different letter stamped into them . . .I forget them all . . .F, E, etc...

The brass marks are  from test firing.
LMT had a batch of their standard bolts nickel plated (like their enhanced model) instead of parkerized
My guess is the nickel was a mistake (an upgraded mistake), but it is not a standard item. . . . unless they have a new offering now?

Sounds good, Paul.

So, the brass marks are from "test firing"? As evidence of part of MPC testing, or am I reading too much into that statement?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, are the M16 BCGs supposed to come with the nickel plated bolt?

I have seen some LMT M16 BCGs with and without nickle plating.

I bought mine about three months ago. Here's a thread about two months ago that shows a M16 bolt that's not plated, but strangely marked MPI and have a factory installed Crane O-ring which is rare.

The only guys who should know more about it should be the dealers like Bravo Co., C4iGrant etc.

LMT M16 BCG MPI & Crane O-ring thread link

ETA: I bought my M16 BCG from Bravo Co.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
THOSE NICE SHINY LMT BOLTS???

IT IS ACTUALLY HARD CHROME, NOT THE TEFLON NICKEL, AS ON THE ENHANCED UNITS.

GLAD I STASHED A GOOD NUMBER OF THE HARD CHROMED ONES FOR SPECIAL PROJECTS.

LMT TEST FIRES ALL BOLTS, ALL BOLT CARRIER GROUPS, ALL UPPERS, AND ALL LOWERS. HOW MANY ROUNDS, I DO NOT KNOW. NOT EVERY MANUFACTURER GOES TO THIS MUCH TROUBLE. MAYBE NOT ANY OTHERS ...

WES GRANT
MSTN.BIZ

I stashed mine also along with a LMT enhanced 6.8MM SPC bolt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top