Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 4:39:02 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with Sabre Defence products? I am really considering purchasing the 24" S.S. CMP barrel they offer. Any feedback out there?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's a thread link about Sabre's midlength carbine barrel.

Sabre Midlength with LaRue 9.0 -- Project Completed with Pics link
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
my sabre 24"ss hbar is more accurate than I am...thats not saying much but im definately pleased with it. just wish it was a wylde chamber so i could shoot mil surplus.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here's a thread link about Sabre's midlength carbine barrel.

Sabre Midlength with LaRue 9.0 -- Project Completed with Pics link

That's my thread.

Sabre makes outstanding products and are very responsive to consumer demand (they did a special run of 1/7 gov't profile midlengths for Talon Arms).

Don't worry about getting a bum barrel as they are a government certified (M2 and M60) barrel contractor.  If yours doesn't work correctly, they can always replace it with a new one.

And thier customer service is second to none.  (Well, second to none with "none" being all the other outstanding vendors on this board.)  They absolutely positively want you to have a good experience with their product.

I doubt that I would go with any other manufacturer at this point if Sabre had what I needed.  And I'm a picky bastard.

Two thumbs up for Sabre.

Corey
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for info, looks like a barrel will be in the mail to me this week from them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Special run Sabre Defence, 1/7" twist, M4 barrel extension, chrome-lined, Gov't profile, Mid-length barrel from Talon Arms.

I'm VERY pleased with it and can definitely see another one in my future.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Great products !!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a nice looking weapon up there, Guess I'm gonna have to give em a try. I really dont think I will worry about canted sight tower since I am building a varmint rifle. Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That's a nice looking weapon up there, Guess I'm gonna have to give em a try. I really dont think I will worry about canted sight tower since I am building a varmint rifle. Thanks for the input!

I've learned that a canted front sight tower can happen even on in-spec barrels (and extensions).  The best barrel installation setup will have both a receiver and barrel block to hold them both in alignment.  The barrel will then not torque with the barrel nut.

I don't have the workbench setup for it right now, but in a few months will be able to do this.

Corey
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Sabre recently recalled 1000 barrels because of QC problems
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What barrel and when as it is news to me,  and I would have to issue the recall.

Grant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Well that's what we've been told on this side of the pond.

Bad steel ??
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That would be a major PITA in Europe.. Barrels are the controlled part along with the bolt..
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:33:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Bad steel ??

Just checked with the UK plant there has been no recall.
We did quarantine a batch (400 blanks no turned barrels) of stainless steel that was the wrong alloy (416 not the 410 we that we normally use) just as precaution we have asked the dealers over there to let us know of any abnormal complaint of accurecy  problems as this is the only thing that would be affected by this change in alloy.
All barrels shipped from the UK plant have to be proofed so strength was never a concern.

Grant.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:28:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I own a few individual Sabre AR parts and they are simply outstanding. I could not be more pleased with their fit & finish. I bought every one of them from TalonArms_R. He is a great guy with great prices and customer service.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:18:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bad steel ??

Just checked with the UK plant there has been no recall.
We did quarantine a batch (400 blanks no turned barrels) of stainless steel that was the wrong alloy (416 not the 410 we that we normally use) just as precaution we have asked the dealers over there to let us know of any abnormal complaint of accurecy  problems as this is the only thing that would be affected by this change in alloy.
All barrels shipped from the UK plant have to be proofed so strength was never a concern.

Grant.

That would be what I was talking about.
Sorry if I appeared to be scaremongering.
It's nice to see your honesty and that you stand behind your products.
Take care

Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top