Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:26:42 AM EDT

There are more photos in the silencertests.com forum "Photos and Videos" and 1600 pixel versions in the silencertests.com Photo Gallery.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#1]
who is selling these????  Anyone have any T&E reports????
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a plastic one. Light weight and feels very solid.

Now need someone to abuse his, and tell me how durable this thing could stand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Those plastic legs have steel inserts molded into them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know about the product, but I like the concept.  If it is rugged enough to withstand combat use, then it will be a gold mine for the inventor.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#6]
anyone  know who sells them and for how much????
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Whats the length on them? When I see them on rifles they just look to long. I like shorter Vert grips.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
So this is strange. My college roomate is Force Protection Officer of Kandahar airbase, and I was suprised when the photo he just sent me was with a Grippod.

http://www.silencertests.com/silencer-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4767#4767
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So this is strange. My college roomate is Force Protection Officer of Kandahar airbase, and I was suprised when the photo he just sent me was with a Grippod.

http://www.silencertests.com/silencer-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4767#4767

Tagged.

Link needs a user name and password.  Can you post the photo alone?  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Gripod is a great concept, and the idea was very impressive until actual use.  the eralier model had problem with the legs getting stuck because of the dirt getting inside of the gripod.  the steel parts inside were also getting rusted. I don't know if the polymer version has improved upon the earlier problem.  problems a side, I see a couple of concerns with this design.

The bi-pod is best mounted near the front of the gun so if you want a VFG near the receiver, you end up with a bi-pod too close to the center of the gun and throw off the balance when you are deploying the bi-pod.  this goes with the grip being too forward. having the bi-pod where the it should be, might give the use a too long of a reach to the grip.  this is great if you need control for F/A or if you have a suppressor added to the end of the barrel, so having the grip closer to the front of the handguard will give better control and balance. but for most of us, the grip is more comfortable near the center or to the rear, it also give FA control, balance, and best platfomr if you want to take a long range shot.

great concept but i like to stick to bi-pod and grip seperately.  

We at Grippod Systems are very suprised to hear your thoughts on our product.
The Grippod, model GPS-01 is manufactured from 7075 T6 hard coat anodized aluminum and heat treated/passivated & oxided stainless steel.  Only a handfull of prototypes were made with carbon steel parts. The unit you speak of with corrosion would have to be one of those.  We have come along way since then...Perhaps you should look into current models & then give us a new critique, we would appreciate that.  We are presently shipping thousands of both Grippod models to all branches of the U.S. Military and federal agencies.  Many of those people in harms way, love the items and appreciate the fact that they are available.  The grip to rail interface alone is enough to warrant their use.  Our system does not require two dogs and four hands to install...They will also attach easily to closed end rail systems and basically have one of the strongest rail interfaces of any VFG we have seen to date.  

Kindest Regards,   Joe  /  Grippod Systems LLC
www.grippod.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

We at Grippod Systems are very suprised to hear your thoughts on our product.
The Grippod, model GPS-01 is manufactured from 7075 T6 hard coat anodized aluminum and heat treated/passivated & oxided stainless steel.  Only a handfull of prototypes were made with carbon steel parts. The unit you speak of with corrosion would have to be one of those.  We have come along way since then...Perhaps you should look into current models & then give us a new critique, we would appreciate that.  We are presently shipping thousands of both Grippod models to all branches of the U.S. Military and federal agencies.  Many of those people in harms way, love the items and appreciate the fact that they are available.  The grip to rail interface alone is enough to warrant their use.  Our system does not require two dogs and four hands to install...They will also attach easily to closed end rail systems and basically have one of the strongest rail interfaces of any VFG we have seen to date.  

Kindest Regards,   Joe  /  Grippod Systems LLC
www.grippod.com

Sounds good, I will take a look at the polymer gripod if I can get my hands on one of those in the future.. thanks for your clarification.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#16]
If they could make this thing hold a Surefire 6P also, I would buy one in a second.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they could make this thing hold a Surefire 6P also, I would buy one in a second.

Hmm maybe drill and tap it?  

Sounds like a plan.

It would be the premier "Ghetto Light/Bipod" all in one.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
How much are the two models?  There is no price on the web site. (I think this might be cool for my FAL.)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How much are the two models?  There is no price on the web site. (I think this might be cool for my FAL.)

They're for sale in the EE.

Just search Grip Pod.

ETA:  WTS: NEW Grip-Pod - vertical grip and bipod
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#21]
be great to see it on a rifle
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top