Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 7:57:05 PM EDT
I reacently completed my SPR project and took it out to be sight in, It took her only one shell to let me know she was deffenning loud. i have a 16" upper that is not near as loud as this 18". I have an MSTN QCB on it purchassed at the beginning wanting a quiet rifle, but I don't think it working. How does your guys brakes line up in regaurds to loudness report.

thanks for your time Norcal  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
any brake will amplify the blast

the mstn is just a little quieter than the others but still louder than any flashhider or bare muzzle.
had one on my recon buil but took it off in favor of a vortex
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the AK brake on my bushmaster carbine, and it is by far the loudest one I have heard yet. Amazing brake as far as recoil goes though, second shot is almost exactly lined up. Quite well for flash supression as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
go with a Flash suppressor... like a phatom or vortex... or use the Noveske brake since that is supposed to project the blast forward.  

if you want a quiet gun.... get a supressor.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered the new  Phantom Comp/Brake from Yankee-Hill, ill let you guys know how it works out when i get it.

http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-28-5M1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just ordered the new  Phantom Comp/Brake from Yankee-Hill, ill let you guys know how it works out when i get it.

yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-28-5M1.jpg

eagerly waiting
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys I think I will try a Smithy Vortex to see if I like the brake or flash hider more. Thanks for all your time and insight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top